What's new

New to Kava

Sackman

Hello all. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m new to Kava. I’ve got a bit of anxiety and sleep problems. Have for a while now. I used alcohol for the past couple years just to be able to sleep. I haven’t had any health related issues at all and I take pretty good care of myself. I cut back drastically on alcohol the last three months and I’m having trouble winding down. Got two small boys so it’s not very peaceful.
Anyway, I tried Loa Waka last night, 1 tablespoon micronized, but I feel like it worked at first then I kind of tossed and turned. Felt good mentally though. I tried it again during the day today and I do get the feel goods from it and it helps for stress for sure. Just curious to see if there’s a better strain for sleep and how much to take. How often? Etc.
thanks for any help. I really think Kava is a gift from earth I’d just like to know how to utilize it better.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hello all. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m new to Kava. I’ve got a bit of anxiety and sleep problems. Have for a while now. I used alcohol for the past couple years just to be able to sleep. I haven’t had any health related issues at all and I take pretty good care of myself. I cut back drastically on alcohol the last three months and I’m having trouble winding down. Got two small boys so it’s not very peaceful.
Anyway, I tried Loa Waka last night, 1 tablespoon micronized, but I feel like it worked at first then I kind of tossed and turned. Felt good mentally though. I tried it again during the day today and I do get the feel goods from it and it helps for stress for sure. Just curious to see if there’s a better strain for sleep and how much to take. How often? Etc.
thanks for any help. I really think Kava is a gift from earth I’d just like to know how to utilize it better.
I find "heavy" kavas vs "heady" kavas to in general be better for sleep. They can all be good - but not too close to bed time. You want to take your kava at least several hours before bed. In general during the week I stop my kava drinking around 8pm, and I generally hit the sack around 10:30. Too much, too close to bedtime and your head will still be buzzing.

Sackman

I find "heavy" kavas vs "heady" kavas to in general be better for sleep. They can all be good - but not too close to bed time. You want to take your kava at least several hours before bed. In general during the week I stop my kava drinking around 8pm, and I generally hit the sack around 10:30. Too much, too close to bedtime and your head will still be buzzing.
Great. Thanks for the info.

OwenShang

Kava Curious
"I find "heavy" kavas vs "heady" kavas to in general be better for sleep. They can all be good - but not too close to bed time. You want to take your kava at least several hours before bed. In general during the week I stop my kava drinking around 8pm, and I generally hit the sack around 10:30. Too much, too close to bedtime and your head will still be buzzing."
That was a straight up honest answer. Thank you very much!