What's new

Good Kava to use with CBD

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I've started using CBD and it works great, and the store sells K@ as well. I don't get into K@ as I've heard enough people talk about it being addicting and having bad withdrawals, but once in a while I'll try it. I found some K@ extract that felt pretty potent, and combined with CBD made me have really happy thoughts. Any suggestions for Kava to try with CBD for a similar effect? Kavafied's Bati and Lapita give me good happy feelings so I'm going to start with those. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
For me, CBD oil only works as a supplement or for light pain relief. If I take it (even a lot of it) I don’t get anything out of it. Also, Kava usually takes care of a headache

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
For me, CBD oil only works as a supplement or for light pain relief. If I take it (even a lot of it) I don’t get anything out of it. Also, Kava usually takes care of a headache
Same for the headache. Nothing works like kava at easing them for me.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've started using CBD and it works great, and the store sells K@ as well. I don't get into K@ as I've heard enough people talk about it being addicting and having bad withdrawals, but once in a while I'll try it. I found some K@ extract that felt pretty potent, and combined with CBD made me have really happy thoughts. Any suggestions for Kava to try with CBD for a similar effect? Kavafied's Bati and Lapita give me good happy feelings so I'm going to start with those. Any info is greatly appreciated.
CBD makes me sleepy, If it does the same thing for you and that's the feeling you are after, I would go with the more sedating kavas to complement it, or vice versa if you wish to balance it out. Pesonally, a good sativa is a better alternative. (with any kava)

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
CBD makes me sleepy, If it does the same thing for you and that's the feeling you are after, I would go with the more sedating kavas to complement it, or vice versa if you wish to balance it out. Pesonally, a good sativa is a better alternative. (with any kava)
Duly noted! I'm in an area where it's not legal yet, so I will have to wait.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Having Lapita right now and had some cbd oil awhile ago(y) Lapita is a good choice . Question is, which cbd to have with Lapitao_O
Same for the headache. Nothing works like kava at easing them for me.
I finally figured out the multi-quote! Thank you all for your input. Kava definitely does help with headaches.

@Kava o'puss - I usually use Green Roads tincture, which is not full spectrum but seems to work best for me. I've had Healing Nation and a couple of other full-spectrum CBD oils and they didn't seem to be as effective. What have you had good experiences with?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I finally figured out the multi-quote! Thank you all for your input. Kava definitely does help with headaches.

@Kava o'puss - I usually use Green Roads tincture, which is not full spectrum but seems to work best for me. I've had Healing Nation and a couple of other full-spectrum CBD oils and they didn't seem to be as effective. What have you had good experiences with?
CBDdistillery is spot on. Including full testing of their products. They have isolates and full spectrum. It is not cheap...I have yet to take the plunge into making my own, but I am close.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I consume CBD regularly, and find that when mixing you want the kava to be strong and heavy for the best effect. Best consumed in the evening, a few hours before bed. Expect to sleep very well. I like to smoke joints of high CBD strains of hemp. Ideal kava to go with is Supreme, but anything strong and heavy will do the trick.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
When I have time for a long session I like to have a few shells of Lawena, then start vaping some daytime strains of CBD flower like Sikiyou Gold, Tangie, or Jazzy. Then alternate a shell then a bowl, back and forth. It seems to really kick up the heady effect for me. I am a heady whore so this is my favorite way to fly.
But then when I want a body melt I reach for the Waka and then sleepier strains like P10, Charlotte's Sauce, Cherry wine, etc.

C

catharee

Whats your dosage for both? I used to buy my CBD here but was intrigue but still scared to try both in one take...

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious

I have sampled quite a few. Green Roads did not do much for me. My favorite is Lazurus Naturals full spectrum high potency oil. For me, it takes almost 2 hours to "feel" ...and yes, I can "feel" it working ( for stress reduction/relaxation/improved sleep , etc.) So, I'll have the oil and two hours later, when it is fully absorbed, I'll drink some shells... A God sent stress crushing combo. Lapita, to me, is a pretty balanced kava and mixes well with cbd. I was reading the above posts and I do think Squanch Lawena would pair very well too. You can also make your own cbd oil with an oz. of cbd flower and a cup of oil. Of course, that would be full spectrum also. For me, isolates are a lot less effective.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I've been using CBD for years for my Anxiety and it does help, especially for palpitations on panic attacks. It's got very low THC so it won't really calm you but it's got lots of great properties and a lot of stuff very similar to Kava. I found a very complete article on Kava and CBD Here

I just tried this CDB recently, it's a pretty interesting thing. I even liked it, it is interesting to read with what it would be cool to use it

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I have sampled quite a few. Green Roads did not do much for me. My favorite is Lazurus Naturals full spectrum high potency oil. For me, it takes almost 2 hours to "feel" ...and yes, I can "feel" it working ( for stress reduction/relaxation/improved sleep , etc.) So, I'll have the oil and two hours later, when it is fully absorbed, I'll drink some shells... A God sent stress crushing combo. Lapita, to me, is a pretty balanced kava and mixes well with cbd. I was reading the above posts and I do think Squanch Lawena would pair very well too. You can also make your own cbd oil with an oz. of cbd flower and a cup of oil. Of course, that would be full spectrum also. Foer me, isolates are a lot less effective.
I can also recomend Lazarus Naturals, great price too!