What's new

Some info about Hawaiian kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I thought I would take this time to talk a little bit about Hawaiian kava and why it is so hard to get good Hawaiian kava.

Out of all the kava growing areas in the Pacific, Hawaii has the best according to the chemotypes. When I say the best I am talking strictly about the chemotypes and how the most sought after kava has a good chemotype of, say 462351 or any other chemotype starting with the #4. The reason that this is considered a good kava is because of the amount of the different kavalactones. In this case it is #4 or Kavain and it is this kavalactone that you want to be in the first position.

If we look back to when kava was still being domesticated so to speak, the people of Vanuatu were drinking the wild kava called piper wichmannii, this wild kava is very strong and has some unwanted effects, when the people of Vanuatu would come across a wild kava that was good and did not cause the unwanted effects they would keep this kava and plant more. Sometimes they would come across a somatic mutation and this mutant kava is thought to be the start of the kava we know today, the Piper Methisticum. Then they would keep cultivating this and not the wild kava and in this way, the people of Vanuatu have made the kava we have now, the Piper Methysticum. This was made through selective cultivation and this is how the kava we like has become sterile and does not produce seeds like the wild kava.

To give you an idea of how some wild kava can be good enough to drink lets look at the chemotype of some kava that is known to you folks. If we look at ISA, this is a known tuday kava, it has a chemotype of 246531. You can see the kavalactone we like the most is in the second position.
A typical wild kava (piper Wichmannii) has a chemotype of 215634, notice that the #4, the kavalactone we like so much is at the last position. This is a kava you do not want to drink. The kava called Koniak has a chemotype of 256134, a kava called Borogu has a chemotype of 246531, a kava called Borogoru has a chemotype of 245613.

Chemotypes can change due to the way that the kava is grown, a chemotype is not set in stone for a certain variety of kava but it does stay close to the same, there is only a little variation, a good kava will not become a tuday kava.

Keep in mind this took hundreds of years. Now we have a place called Hawaii and when the people of the pacific came to settle in Hawaii, they brought with them certain plants, kava was one of them. Since there is limited room on these canoes they brought only the best with them, and so, in Hawaii, we have only the best kava, all the Hawaiian varieties start with the #4, kavain. Where as in other places like Vanuatu, they have wild kava (Hawaii has none) and they have the good kava, the piper methysticum but out of all the varieties of piper methysticum, only some start with the #4, others do not, the same with Fiji and other kava producing areas. It is interesting to note that the wild kava (piper wichmannii) is found only in Vanuatu, the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea. But the kava in other places like Fiji still has some unwanted effects and this is because of the amount of the desired vs. the undesired kavalactones, Fiji has a lot of kava that is high in DHK and DHM, it is these kavalactones that cause the unwanted stomach effects and the long lasting effects.

The DHK and the DHM will take longer to act on us but it will last longer, the kavain will act on us in about 5 min or less and does not last as long as the DHK or the DHM, but it is the blend of these kavalactones that give the kava the effect we like so much, weather it be a heady or a body kind of kava, the heady ones will be high in kavain and low in the DHK and the DHM, a good body kava will have more DHK and DHM.
The trick is to find the right mix of kavalactones, the one that will have a good kavain effect but also last long thanks to the DHK and the DHM.

Back to the Hawaiian kava, as I said, all the Hawaiian kava is high in Kavain and that is good. But the problem is that Hawaii just does not have the quantity of kava that the other kava producing areas have. In the early 1800's kava was made illegal in Hawaii and alcohol started to take its place and this had a big impact on traditional kava use in Hawaii. A long time ago, the kava in Hawaii did not have any pest of disease like the other kava producing areas, so the kava in Hawaii got real big, some of the plants were as big as a car or a truck, these plants were actually very old kava plants, some were estimated as over 150 years old, people in the South Pacific would hear stories about how big the kava would get in Hawaii and they could not believe it. These big kava plants became a target of thieves and soon the kava in the wild was being decimated. It was such a big loss that we started a task force to stop the illegal harvesting of the kava. I was the head of this task force and the best thing we did to stop this was to put micro chips in the kava, that way we would know all the details about the kava, where it came from and all the good stuff, some arrests were made and soon the word got out and the stealing of the kava stopped considerably.

Not too long after that, we started to get disease and pests here in Hawaii that would attack the kava, this along with the liver scare started by the big drug companies drove the Hawaiian kava industry into the ground.
So now there are just a few people that grow kava in Hawaii, most is only small scale. In fact I can count the kava growers here in Hawaii and I will still have a few fingers left over to count some more, but there is just not any interest in growing it, most people do not want to get into it, they see more money in growing Papayas or something like that.

So since there are not that many people in Hawaii that grow kava, that means that there is a severely restricted supply of good Hawaiian kava, when I say good, I am talking about kava that is grown the right way, so as to increase the potency, tests we have done here have proven that the kava in the wild as apposed to the cultivated kava is not as strong, the cultivated kava is consistently stronger, that means that if you plant the kava and forget about it the strength will be X amount but if you took care of the kava as it was growing, then the kava potency will increase dramatically, so some farms here in Hawaii that rely on kava in the wild or kava that has been planted and forgotten till it is time to harvest, they will not have a good quality kava, but the kava farmer that takes care of his plants will get a much stronger kava. It is this kind of kava that is a good quality and it is this kind of kava that you should look for, that is why I started to offer my kava for sale so that all can enjoy it and see what a good kava can be like.

It is also interesting to note that in Hawaii there are not very many kava plants, most house holds here in Hawaii do not have any kava plants.
In Vanuatu however, kava is much more abundant and they take care of there kava plants because it is a cash crop for them, kava is a cash crop in Vanuatu, Fiji, Wallis, Futuna, Tonga and Pohnpei, that is all. It has recently started to become a cash crop in other places like Samoa and the Solomon Islands but not as much as the other places I just mentioned.
To give you an idea of the amount of kava plants they have in Vanuatu---
In Vanuatu they have much more kava plants, I will list some by name and region, Southern Tanna has Malamala and there is an average of 183 plants per household.
Eastern Ambae has Melomelo and about 329 kava plants per household.
Southern Maewo has Sese and about 405 kava plants per household.
Northern Pentecost has Boroguru and about 172 kava plants per household and Central Pentecost has Borogu and about 531 kava plants per household. In 1988 kava farmers in Pentecost Vanuatu sold over 225,000 kilograms of kava, that is just in that area of Vanuatu, and the value at that time was over $153,000 US. The kava market has grown considerably since the 80ies.
So you can see why Vanuatu is the kava capital of the world and why Hawaiian kava is so rare and hard to come by.
I am growing and expanding my operation and I will soon have plenty of Hawaiian kava to offer but till then it will be small quantities as I harvest the plants.
I am able to guarantee potency and quality this way. I am sure that some of you have read the book "Hawaiian 'Awa Views of an ethnobotanical treasure"
A lot of the studies that we did here in Hawaii are in this book, some of the results are coded for example when you look at the pictures of the Hawaiian kava, they give the kavalactone content and the chemotype of a few different kava's, they coded this part, for example under the sample name they might say Pau6 or pono1, this is the code and it tells us where and who it came from, a lot of these came from me, they were provided by me to get an idea of what might contribute to the increase of the potency and quality of the kava. So you can see that I have a long history of growing kava and studding and researching it, it is with this knowledge that I am able to grow truly Gourmet kava. And since I know what a good kava is, I can also import only the best to sell to you. I have gone through several suppliers in Vanuatu before I found one that I trust and like. I am always looking for the best kava out there and when I find it I make it available for sale on my site. I guarantee the highest quality of kava because I grow only the best and I import only the best.

I hope that this helps to understand kava and what makes it more potent and why Vanuatu has so much kava and Hawaii does not.
If anyone has any questions about kava please let me know. If I can not answer it right away, I will contact other kava experts (Dr Lebot included) so I can get the answer for you.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Last edited:

Alien

Kava Newbie
Very interesting post with lots of great information. Kava plants as big as a car or a truck? Wow. I may try some of your product in the future but for now I'm well stocked up for awhile.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, another Frontal assault on Koniak. I like Koniak mixed with Boroguru but in limited quantities, at the end of the day. I'm after the Kavain type Kavas for the afternoon so I can't wait to get my Mo'i instant. I will be googling shortly for Kava Plants. This household would like to have a few. Maybe a few as ornamentals and one where I could harvest some chewing Kava. Hmmmm ... that would be nice. I would love to give Chris the title of "Chief Kava Historian at the Kava Forums" but perhaps it would be wrong to give a title to a vendor unless the other vendors agreed. He is a vendor, grower, a historian, and he seems to be at the forefront of the science.

Always good to read your posts Chris. Super interesting as always.

infraredz

BULA!
Just for reference:
1 = demethoxy-yangonin
2 = dihydrokavain
3 = yangonin
4 = kavain
5 = dihydromethysticin
6 = methysticin

Interesting to see how high the Yangonin and demethoxy-yangonin is present in the wild varieties considering they're usually the lactones in lowest concentration in the kava on the market. I personally am curious about the pharmacology of these lactones due to their (albeit low) affinity for CB1, but alas, there is too little research.

Where did you get the chemotypes listed in this paragraph?
"A typical wild kava (piper Wichmannii) has a chemotype of 215634, notice that the #4, the kavalactone we like so much is at the last position, this is a kava you do not want to drink. The kava called Koniak has a chemotype of 256134, a kava called Borogu has a chemotype of 246531, a kava called Borogoru has a chemotype of 245613."​

BTW Deleted User01, I don't think Chris was trying to assault Koniak, but it is of interest to see the chemotype listed although we don't know what source Judd's comes from and what source he had.
It's my understanding though, and please correct me if I'm wrong Chris, that PNG is not known for being a country that drinks kava or exports it, let alone has much of a kava culture. Is it also true that most of the kava grown there is tudei? I only make this assumption based on the fact that all the kava I've come across (or heard about) that was from PNG was tudei, without a doubt. Granted, they might be starting to cultivate and start to selectively breed more "noble-esque" kava, though I don't know. I'm interested in what you know about this.

Also Chris, when you say an optimal kava has the DHM in the 4th position, that would seem contrary to what a lot of people seem to enjoy about the sedative, muscle-relaxant nature of kavas containing more DHM.
For instance, if the "optimal kava" has a chemotype of 462351 and Borogu has a chemotype of 246531 and Boroguru has a 245613 chemotype then why do they consume these in the amount they do, let alone export them (since they have to be noble for export)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

My comment on the Assault on Koniak was a little bit tongue in cheek. I was just remembering the Tudie or not Tudie thread and all the controversy that was stirred up concerning "the much Maligned and Villanous" Koniak.:D

I guess I should have put a smiley face on that last post. Poor Koniak is like Charley Brown, "why is everybody always picking on me". If you ever heard the song .... Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed his (chris) post.

From what I understand, PNG Kava is always very strong. I think Chiefs Jungle is also in the category.

infraredz

BULA!
I think that if ISA was talked about as much as Koniak, it would garner the same "attention" by those that think tudei kava is something worth talking about.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but aren't tudei kava very potent/strong by their very nature? I'm not saying all potent kava is tudei, but isn't all tudei potent?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Good read Chris. Here's some Q's:
-Is it common for locals to grow kava for personal usage in their yards ?
-What would the final product be like, of an old abandoned 'awa plant from decades or centuries ago ?
-Did the ancient Hawaiians have methods of boosting kavalactone content...or did they just find the most fertile soils to plant in ?
-I like the task force protecting old/ancient 'awa patches, but shouldn't there at least be some monitored harvesting and replanting of them every now and then ?
-Over the years, has anyone ever noted any mutations of hawaiian 'awa...dropping kavain to the 2nd or 3rd place ? I know Mahakea is a bit different in some way. I suppose this would hard to know, without lab testing everything...
-How much does chemotype testing cost ? Does it show the percentages for each individual kavalactone ?
With Hawaiian 'awa all having such similar chemotypes, I'd be interested in seeing how much the percentages change between each of the major kavalactones in the chemotype of different cultivars with the same (or nearly the same) chemotype.
-Do you notice much difference in effect between these very similar chemotypes ?

I look forward to trying your various hawaiian 'awa as they become available...and when I have extra cash. So far, in all my various kava consumption over the years, I've never had a Kavain (1st position) kava that I've loved. To me, they can feel nice and mild. But not great and fully satisfying. I've had a few hawaiian 'awas too, and of those, Mahakea was actually my favorite. In general, things like Fiji waka and Boroguru have a much more noticeable and desired effect on me. However, I do hate their tendency toward stomach discomfort. There are times where kavain kavas would be more suitable for my evening, so I'll be interested to see if your properly cared for 'awa will show me what I've been missing out on.

keep up the good work :woot: \000/

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm really into this Chemotype stuff. What I have yet to find (and I've looked) is how is the Chemotype determined? A spectrum burner, a chemical process or what? Whatever it is, is it something I can do myself?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Another question. A lot of people mix their Kavas to achieve different effects. When mixing are the Chemotypes additive? For example mix 70% of a Kava with the first Chemo type is 4xxxxx and 30% of a Kava with a Chemo type of 5xxxxx, does that make the result a Chemotype of 45xxxx?

infraredz

BULA!
That's the problem with chemotypes is that they only describe relative concentrations. For example, the most abundant lactone being in the first position, the 2nd most abundant in the 2nd position, etc.

So, in theory, the first lactone could make up 80% in one cultivar whereas in another cultivar, the first lactone makes up only 40% (and the others being, 39, 12, 5, 3, 1%, for example)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I am glad you all liked this post, I wanted to let people know about Hawaiian kava.
@ Deleted User01, Infraredz was correct, this was not an assault on Koniak, just information. :D Thanks for the title of Chief kava historian but I don't need titles, I am so much more than a historian, I am just Your friendly neighborhood Kava expert. :D And yes the PNG kava is always strong but the word strong can also be applied to Hawaiian kava, what makes the tuday kava "strong" is the high levels of the DHK and the DHM, these kavalactones are responsible for the strong, long lasting effects also the body effects as apposed to the heady kava effect you get with the kavain.

@ infraredz, Yes we do need more research done on the individual kavalactones, there is a Doctor that has recently isolated the kavalactones that have cancer killing abilities, the tests he did showed a remarkable effect that kava has on lung cancer and some other cancers, it will kill the cancer. He has also isolated the constituents that are responsible for the liver damage. He and a few other scientists were giving a talk in Fiji last week at a big kava symposium. He will be stopping here in Hawaii and I was able to get him to give his talk to 25 people that were invited to this private talk. We will be able to talk to him one on one and get a lot of information on his recent kava studies. I will be video taping it and I hope to get it up on youtube soon. So there are some people that are still researching kava, it just takes time for the breakthroughs to happen.

Where did you get the chemotypes listed in this paragraph?
I got the chemotypes from samples that I had tested as well as samples that were tested by the Hawaii Awa Council and the Association for Hawaiian Awa and I also used some of Dr. Lebot's test results.

It's my understanding though, and please correct me if I'm wrong Chris, that PNG is not known for being a country that drinks kava or exports it
Yes you are right, PNG is not really known for its kava heritage but it did have one. There have been over 36 different kava cultivars that have been documented in PNG from about 1907-1965. The Admiralty Islands of PNG had the greatest kava consumption, kava was also used in other areas of PNG, like Lou, Baluan,Pam,nad even Fedarb Islands.
Not that long ago kava in PNG took a turn for the worst because of the Seventh Day Adventist church, in 1970 the last of the kava was uprooted and disposed of because of the churches stand against the kava. But there were some isolated areas that continued to grow the kava.

Is it also true that most of the kava grown there is tudei?
Most all the kava in PNG is a tudei kava, there are 23 known tudei (piper Witchmannii) kava varieties and only 4 Piper Methysticum kava varieties. It is interesting to note that the Solomon Islands have 18 varieties of Tudei kava and no noble kava at all.

Also Chris, when you say an optimal kava has the DHM in the 4th position, that would seem contrary to what a lot of people seem to enjoy about the sedative, muscle-relaxant nature of kavas containing more DHM.
For instance, if the "optimal kava" has a chemotype of 462351 and Borogu has a chemotype of 246531 and Boroguru has a 245613 chemotype then why do they consume these in the amount they do, let alone export them (since they have to be noble for export)?

I am sorry, I did not meant to imply that the DHM in the 4th position makes it a bad kava, it does not, if you look the #4 is still in the primary chemotype, it is in the second position and that is still great, remember that the tudei kava has #4 in the last position or the second to the last. The fact that the DHM is in a higher position is what gives the kava the body and the head qualities, it is the blend of kavalactones that create the effect and the most desired effect seems to come with the #4 in the first or second position. For example kava with the chemotype 521634 and 526341 represent kava that is rarely consumed, drinkers report that the effects are too severe to allow daily consumption. The same is true for a chemotype of 256431, kava with these chemotypes are tudei kava.
Kava for daily drinking has a typical chemotype of 246531 but kava with a chemotype of 426135 is considered to give very pleasant effects, so we can see that they like the kava with a chemotype with #4 in the second position but the favor the kava that has the #4 in the first position. Just like how some people like the body effects that they get from the chemotype that Borogu has or one like it but there is also the people that like the heady effect of the kavain. It is interesting to note that they did use the wild kava but it was only medicinally, for example they would take the inner bark of the root (not the outer bark) for tooth aches, did they know somehow that the bad stuff that is hepatoxic is found in the outer bark, did they know that the inner bark has the highest amount of kavalactones than any other part of the kava plant, did they know that the tudei kava that they used was more numbing than the noble kava was? It would appear that they knew how to use kava very well. Also the kava with the chemotypes 462351 and 246531 are still noble kava, if the #4 is in the last position and the second to last it is a tudei kava.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but aren't tudei kava very potent/strong by their very nature? I'm not saying all potent kava is tudei, but isn't all tudei potent?
Yes, all tudei kava is stronger than the noble kava, this is because of the high percentage of the DHK and the DHM, these are the strongest kavalactones. To give you an idea, the did some studies on how much analgesic effect that the DHK and the DHM have compared to some commonly used substances---
Morphine- takes 2.5mg/kg to get the desired effect
Dimethylaminophenazone--100mg/kg
DHK- 120mg/kg
DHM-120mg/kg
Asprin-200mg/kg

That's the problem with chemotypes is that they only describe relative concentrations. For example, the most abundant lactone being in the first position, the 2nd most abundant in the 2nd position, etc.
This is not true, most tests are done with HPLC and it gives the actual percentage of each kavalactone but most labs do not do the calculations to get that info, I think they are cheaper if they just give the total kavalactone content as you see most companies that provide there test results have. It is true that the most abundant kavalactone is in the first position and so forth.

@ Shakas, you asked--
-Is it common for locals to grow kava for personal usage in their yards ?
No it is not common for the locals here in Hawaii to have kava in there yard for personal use, it is rare but there is people that grow it, mostly Hawaiians. There are a few farms but not very many, right now I can only think of about 9 farms here in Hawaii, there might be some that I am not aware of.

-What would the final product be like, of an old abandoned 'awa plant from decades or centuries ago ?
It would not be that good, it would be a weak kava, the potency of kava in the wild here in Hawaii is very low. It does taste very mild and almost creamy, that is about the only good thing.

-Did the ancient Hawaiians have methods of boosting kavalactone content...or did they just find the most fertile soils to plant in ?
The Hawaiians were experts at growing things and kava was no exception, they did take good care of there kava and they did a lot of composting and other things, kava was never grown here without being planted by humans, when they planted kava back then they took very good care of it, later it fell out of popularity because of laws and churches but thankfully the Hawaiian Kava was never lost entirely, it still continued to grow and thrive but without the care, the potency fell.

-I like the task force protecting old/ancient 'awa patches, but shouldn't there at least be some monitored harvesting and replanting of them every now and then ?
I agree with you, it would be best to do that but the local government does not see the need to do that. Me being the president of the Hawaii Awa Council and in cooperation with the Association for Hawaiian Awa do plant kava, not only on farms but in the wild, we also bring organic fertilizers when we go to the wild awa patches so we can keep them strong and healthy. If it were not for our efforts there would be little or no Hawaiian kava. For example Jerry K. a member of the Association for Hawaiian Awa found the spotted Hiwa or as it is called now "Opihikao", this was a unknown kava not that long ago and then not long after he found it and took cuttings he went back and the kava in that area was all stolen, this was the only known patch of the Opihikao variety. Thankfully we have cuttings from this and we have saved it.

-Over the years, has anyone ever noted any mutations of Hawaiian 'awa...dropping kavain to the 2nd or 3rd place ? I know Mahakea is a bit different in some way. I suppose this would hard to know, without lab testing everything...
There have been 3 actual mutations that were documented but it did not have any effect on the kavain. I am not sure of any differences between Mahakea and the other ones except the effects, there was a kava that was genetically different and I think that was Kumakua.

-How much does chemotype testing cost ? Does it show the percentages for each individual kavalactone ?
It depend on the lab, I have paid from $75-$175 per sample, it depends on the lab and the amount of samples you get tested, they give a quantity discount. They will use a pure crystal form of the individual kavalactones to make a base line and the HPLC (high pressure liquid chromatography) will give the rate of absorption of each kavalactone, with this information the can calculate with math the percentage of each kavalactone, each kavalactone will have a different peak on the absorption paper.
All of the tests I have had done have always had the individual percentage of each kavalactone thus giving us the chemotype, that is the only way to get the chemotype, by calculating the individual kavalactone percentage, you will never be able to get the chemotype from just the total kavalactone content.
-Do you notice much difference in effect between these very similar chemotypes ?
There is a difference but it is sometimes subtle and you have to know what your looking for. I have noticed that even with teh Hawaiian kava being highest in Kavain it is the other kavalactones that will give it the different effects, for example Papa Kea with a chemotype of 462351 can be very strong, the effects can be likened to a tudei kava but it is not a tudei kava.
I have heard about Mahakea, having a chemotype of 461235 has had a more hypnotic effect and a dreamy kind of effect, there have been reports of vivid dreams and I did a controlled study on this, i gave several kava varieties to a person who was known to have the vivid dreams only after drinking Mahakea, he did not know what each one was because they were given numbers, I could then tell what kava he had by the # and then his description of the effects. Without fail he would have the dreams on the Mahakea but not the other kava.
The Kumukua has a better pain reliving effect to it and other kava here in Hawaii will have little differences like that.

I've never had a Kavain (1st position) kava that I've loved. To me, they can feel nice and mild. But not great and fully satisfying.
You will see a difference in my kava or other Hawaiian that has been grown properly. I have noticed that the more I drink the stronger the effect is and it is quiet strong, I think once you try some Hawaiian Kava that is higher than 10% kavalactones you will see how strong and pleasing Kavain can be, then you can start experimenting with the different Hawaiian varieties to see how they affect you in different ways.

@HeadHodge, -- you said this--
I'm really into this Chemotype stuff. What I have yet to find (and I've looked) is how is the Chemotype determined? A spectrum burner, a chemical process or what? Whatever it is, is it something I can do myself?
The way the do it is through HPLC and they will calculate each peak to determine the % of each kavalactone, I will try to upload a picture so you can see what it looks like, I hope that it works.---
[/IMG]

Another question. A lot of people mix their Kavas to achieve different effects. When mixing are the Chemotypes additive? For example mix 70% of a Kava with the first Chemo type is 4xxxxx and 30% of a Kava with a Chemo type of 5xxxxx, does that make the result a Chemotype of 45xxxx?
Yes you can change the chemotype by mixing the kava, if you have each kavalactone % fore each kava that you mix you can actually calculate the chemotype you will get my mixing different proportions of each kava.
I have done this with the stump and the lateral roots, I use the test results to calculate the mix that would be optimal, most of the time it is about 1/3 root to 2/3 stump. That is the fun part of trying the different kava, you can mix and get new effects.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you folks have any other questions, aloha nui loa.

Chris

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

No doubt, the science of Kava is enthralling for us here in the forum. Here's what I can do for you Shakas. I will turn back the time machine so you will be born into a Kava family in Hawaii. You will chew Kava Root instead of chewing gum at a early age. Everyone at school will notice that you are cooler than a Polar Vortex. By the age of 12, you will be adept with a machete and able to cut out the best of the root with just one swipe. When you finally arrive in the present, you will have your creds. You will be "Super KavaMan". We can get you a nice cape and costume too. Let me know your size. :D

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
No doubt, the science of Kava is enthralling for us here in the forum. Here's what I can do for you Shakas. I will turn back the time machine so you will be born into a Kava family in Hawaii. You will chew Kava Root instead of chewing gum at a early age. Everyone at school will notice that you are cooler than a Polar Vortex. By the age of 12, you will be adept with a machete and able to cut out the best of the root with just one swipe. When you finally arrive in the present, you will have your creds. You will be "Super KavaMan". We can get you a nice cape and costume too. Let me know your size. :D
I'm storing this concept in my subconscious so I can live it in my vivid, kava induced dreams tonight.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Chris, your posts are fantastic. Your knowledge and passion for kava is exhilarating. And it sounds like you are still growing, still experimenting, and still learning. Fantastic!

D

Deleted User01

Kapm, I was on their Web Site last nite looking for kava plants for sale. They sure claim to be a farm but they back down on the plant thing. As I posted elsewhere, I scoured the Internet and sent emails to all my suppliers of Tropical Plants and none of them have Kava plants. I'm seriously looking for some Kava Seedlings. I'm trying to built a tropical paradise (damn solar vortex) in my back yard and Kava plants would blend perfectly with the elephant ears.