What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tanna Marang Marang

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
First of all, the final rating reflects a mix of my personal preferences and "what this kava does". If i'd love this type of kava, i'd rate it one or two points higher. If i'd go simply for personal preferences, it would lose one or two points.

The the taste was pretty yucky, similiar to malekula magic. Not sure if that's piney or earthy or whatnot, but very spicy and pretty bitter. I used two heaped tablespoons, as a test, but half the brew is still sitting on the counter 12 hours later. I still feel groggy and sedated.

After drinking the grog on an empty stomach, i was greated by a steamroller ...only 5 minutes later. It felt as if i had hyperventilated or inhaled a nitrous capsule (alright not as strong)- I almost panicked and could not walk without feeling pretty dizzy and horrible in general. So i stumbled into my bedroom to lie down for a while. Fortunatly, the worst part was over after 20 minutes or so..i could walk and even take my bike for a ride. There was almost no euphoria, just a very heavy, drunken feeling. After sleeping for a long time, i'm still feeling gravity more than usual. In fact, even typing this isn't easy.

So, if you are trying this kava, be careful doing it on an empty stomach. Better start on the lower end of the dosage range. I'm just glad i only drank half the brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I actually feel this is a mild Kava. It's my go to Kava when I just want to chill and notr get too...kavaed. I'm amazed that you got such a strong effect. I'm glad you were able to deal with it though and I appreciate the honest review.

I still need to work out why these tests are showing Tudei, as far as I am concerned none of my Kava has any Tudei in it, none. But we have to trust that Dr. Lebot and Deleted User are doing the right process but it is yet to be perfected so lets not panic and wait and see what happens.

@Global Kava Exports - Agreed, no need for panic at all, and very glad to see you here. I don't pretend to know what sort of relationship you have with your supplier, but there is quite a lot of info which says adulteration in Vanuatu is common.

It seems to me some Vanuatu suppliers may have a slightly different business ethic than we do, particularly when they don't know it is detectable. I think this sort of review is further evidence of the problem, we've seen several like it on normally mild brands.
I've been drinking the same batch of Marang Marang though and have experienced none of the negative effects mentioned.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I would like to know if Adam has read my review before trying marang marang....
I do not want to be responsible for destroying this kavas reputation...could just have been me.
Still, i would say it would make sense to talk to VKS and the farmers to make sure there isnt any tudei in these kavas.

I do not want to be responsible for destroying this kavas reputation...could just have been me.
Still, i would say it would make sense to talk to VKS and the farmers to make sure there isnt any tudei in these kavas.
I wouldn't worry about that yiki, I am still selling plenty of it and no complaints from any customers, plenty of them repeat buying it as well. It's fine mate.

A

Adam

No I hadn't read your review before trying it, I went into it hoping to love marang marang especially as it was a freebie so I was quite excited to try it. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it personally. I can imagine there are plenty that would enjoy what it does but not me

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Perhaps this shows how big a factor personal biochemistry is, as well as preference :=)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Now see I also find this to be a very mellow Kava. Very similar to Malekula Magic.

The Kanolik, on the other hand, was a bit too much for. Made me feel very sick to my stomach.

Greetings from South Sudan!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I had a similar strange effect from this kava last night. It was ok at first but when I was trying to get to sleep I kept waking up with a rush to my head and a queasy feeling. Not pleasant. I have to say though that although I felt a bit sluggish this morning it didn't last long and after a few hours I felt ok so whether it is a tudei issue or just my personal reaction to this kava I don't know. There could just be a small club of us who have the same reaction to this kava.