What's new

Most euphoric kava

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Looking for some heady strain suggestions for my next purchase. I assume I should look for a chemotype starting with 4? I have been drinking KWK Borongoru and KBR Vanuatu3. I dig how the Borongoru is a good blend of heady to heavy and is great for after work relaxing and gives a great night's sleep. I would like to find a strain that is heavier then and less headier then Borongoru. More euphoric, giddy, is that Freedom Rock Man, and more social maybe but not an anxious spaz either.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
What's the most euphoric ( long lasting) kava? I really enjoy the 10 minutes of euphoria I get frim kava but 10 minutes isn't long enough haha... I have mainly heavy kavas so it makes sense... would I be better with a moi kava or something ? Heady means euphoric right ??

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I feel like the answer is spacing out kava shells more so that you're drinking frequently. I think kavain (or whatever gives you that lovely heady feeling) just doesn't last very long and drinking more (or a stronger kava) will intensify it but not prolong it very much.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
High kavain strains are important if you're looking kava's closest equivalent to euphoria, but what I personally think is equally or more important though, is, a high overall kavalactone content.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
High kavain strains are important if you're looking kava's closest equivalent to euphoria, but what I personally think is equally or more important though, is, a high overall kavalactone content.
Does that mean Kavaboy 426351 is pretty euphoric?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Yes, kavaboy is pretty similar to Mo'i, but not as strong...in my opinion.
someone said they had an off-batch a couple months ago, but that's never been the case for me.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yes, kavaboy is pretty similar to Mo'i, but not as strong...in my opinion.
someone said they had an off-batch a couple months ago, but that's never been the case for me.
Thanks, any other similar strains to Mo' I and Kavaboy to look for? Or is there a certain island strain to look for as in Kavaboy is Tongan and Mo'i is Hawaiian I think? I started a similar thread this morning to this one so I will kill that one.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Tongan Kava is typically along these lines, most Hawaiian kava and Samoan kava as well.
Kalm's Malekula sample I had was like this too and probably the most heady-dominant Vanuatu kava I've ever had. Usually the Vanuatu stuff is a bit gnarlier.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Man I love this site, so helpful. Been listening to tons of obscure Heavy 70's rock today and wish I had a few shells of Mo'i to go with it.
Just reached for a snack and looked at the clock before I did and said nope too late in the day for a snack since Kava:30 is only a few more hours away!
Side note, a plastic potato smasher works great with Caitlyn Strainners, no runners! ::awesomesmiles::