What's new

Kava as a meditation enhancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodulf

Kava Curious
Aside from de-stressing, I want kava to send me into deeper altered states. I make my own brainwave entrainment tracks with subliminals for meditation. If I could follow the entrainment into a waking dream state I will personally thank the Kava Gods. I've just made a stronger batch of Big Kava Waca and will be trying it tonight.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
What are you offering to the kava ?
By this I do not mean an offering of an object or some Ceremony, kava cannot take you to the higher state of consciousness, kava is in a state of vegetative consciousness. Heavily rooted in oneness with earth, unaware of that connectedness. You are as a human at this time on the planet, unconscious of your oneness as is every human being as they reach 7 or so years old. However once the form has reached full adult human (14 or so years old to 21) the consciousness is then at a point where it can transcend the seperate consciousness it preceives itself to be and remerge with the totality, not that you were ever seperate jist perceived seperate and therefore struggle to get "there"

The power that lies in kava is not seperate from who you are. Just like the rest of nature, kava is still connected to that original state, when you ingest it or even sit near a live kava plant, it conveys this state of consciousness. You then know that you are one, and so add a new layer of consciousness to the planet and the kava , conscious oneness ... that is the gift you can give kava . Without this it will take you to the vegetative state with it, such as what happens to many cannabis users. (Including myself) it takes intense alertness to wake up while rooted in the body while awake, even more so while in the momentum of the thought stream known as dreams . If you practice this while awake with kava your chances of waking up and lucid dreaming will be much greater :)

Rodulf

Kava Curious
OK, first time with Kava for meditation. In my intro, I mentioned that I make my own brainwave entrainment tracks. The one I used today was a dual entrainment...that is the track for one side is the Schuman frequency, 7.83 hz, and the other side is the SMR frequency, 12-15 hz. These stimulate the left and right hemispheres at different levels. I had one cup of Waca about 15 minutes before the session. I can definitely say the Kava made me more sensitive to the entrainment and my immersion in the experience was deeper. Pretty sure from now on Kava will be a usual part of my meditations.

Rodulf

Kava Curious
How is your day to day life meditations? Instead of looking to the past for the answer, look to your state now, is there a strong undecurrent of dissatisfaction? Or is it calm and still ?
I am slowly achieving a calmer state. Kinda hard, given the life I've led. But I am trying and the Kava helps. I can honestly say it has enhanced my meditations and seems to be dissolving my imprinted stressors.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The past has no power, anything that is from the past is represented as some kind of physical symptom or mental emotional complex now. If it still exists. Otherwise it will be an endless pit of deception . Constantly forcing you into projection to the future as an escape from the things that happened .
This is the bare essential structure of the human ego stripped of its context. Can you feel this to be true ?

C

Captain Spaulding

Aside from de-stressing, I want kava to send me into deeper altered states. I make my own brainwave entrainment tracks with subliminals for meditation. If I could follow the entrainment into a waking dream state I will personally thank the Kava Gods. I've just made a stronger batch of Big Kava Waca and will be trying it tonight.
I think that I may be able to help you if you really want to learn and experience the real deal. I have about 25 years of experience and training invested in various forms of spiritual practices. Kava would be a good tool to use also in high doses. I have several hundred pdf books

marfodub

Here, now.
I've been debating whether I enjoy kava before my meditations or not. My mind seems so still and peaceful when I have a shell beforehand so it seems that I'm better off meditating when not using kava to get most benefit from it. Not sure yet, granted I only sit for about 30 mins tops - new to both kava and meditation.

EQ

Atman
I've been debating whether I enjoy kava before my meditations or not. My mind seems so still and peaceful when I have a shell beforehand so it seems that I'm better off meditating when not using kava to get most benefit from it. Not sure yet, granted I only sit for about 30 mins tops - new to both kava and meditation.
You will get more from sober meditations. I would recommend with Kava to stay mindful, and be active socially.
Remember to trust yourself.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
You will get more from sober meditations. I would recommend with Kava to stay mindful, and be active socially.
Remember to trust yourself.
I agree completely, I have found meditation to be quite difficult after a few shells. Granted it is easy to sit with a fairly quiet mind after kava but I don't feel that there is any depth to it. Usually after a good sober session I open my eyes and feel refreshed and renewed, I never feel that if kava is involved.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The past has no power, anything that is from the past is represented as some kind of physical symptom or mental emotional complex now. If it still exists. Otherwise it will be an endless pit of deception . Constantly forcing you into projection to the future as an escape from the things that happened .
This is the bare essential structure of the human ego stripped of its context. Can you feel this to be true ?
Binxy for the introspective win, they ought to give you a banner along the lines of "Kava Shaman" or some such name :) - Good stuff man. I always enjoy your take on meditation, self awareness & mindfulness.

EQ

Atman
Yeah you can force your mind into being quiet with kava but that isn't the point of meditation the point is to transcend the inability to choose to think. Not have thoughts or not.
Or is it learning to feel?
Empty mind, open heart.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Exactly. Same thing. Once theirs consciousness rooted outside of the mind, it becomes a choice to think. This is easily accessible through feeling rather than thinking

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed 100% @Malastat right now in fact I only have heady and it's caused me to reduce my kava drinking to compensate lol. It's still possible just takes alot more constant focus .
Same with cannabis . Heavy is easier for me

Status
Not open for further replies.