What's new

Kava Poll Will you buy Pure Fiji Lawena?

Would you buy 100% medium grind peeled Fijian lawena?

• Yes - If im on a budget

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes - because i prefer smooth and less potent kava

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No - Im a roots guy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on the reviews it gets

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes - because i like to have a variety of kava

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I have been wondering this and whether people will opt to buy. It will definitely be 100% peeled medium grind lawena chips and will be cheaper than what i have for sale right now on my website. Maybe sold around US$40/Lb.
It will definitely be noble just that lawena is less potent than the roots i have for sale but it will be super smooth.

Cast your vote on the poll up top

Last edited:

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I hate to sound uneducated, but what are the differences between Lawena and (waka?) other than it being less potent. Or is that the only difference?

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I hate to sound uneducated, but what are the differences between Lawena and (waka?) other than it being less potent. Or is that the only difference?
Yeah lawena is just less potent, cheaper and you dont get that bitterness taste of the kava.
Its a fijian term and the difference is in parts of the kava plant. The waka is referred to as roots and the lawena is referred to the chips of the root stock

verticity

I'm interested in things
Also, it has been shown that the chemotypes of the waka and lawena are different. Waka is heavier, and lawena is headier.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I prefer lawena over waka because of the smoothness and just the overall better flavor because of this I can drink much more lawena to overcome any loss in potency.