What's new

New with a few questions!

SHAWZEE

Hi All! I have not tried Kava yet but plan on ordering some tomorrow and hopefully trying it sometime next week. I'm considering getting the Instant Mo'i from GHK. Can you do a toss and wash with the instant or should I def mix it with something? Also I am a daily 1 cup a day in the evening yerba mate drinker, I have been reading that caffeine and kava dont go well together, so should I not drink yerba while taking Kava?

D

Deleted User01

You can do it in water, or club soda and lime, or ginger ale and lime. I have done all 3 of those and it just depends on whether you are sitting by the pool for not. One thing you will need is a spoon. You need to constantly stir the drink because kava is a starch and it falls to the bottom. Cheers! :D

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
You'll have to experiment. The bi product of caffiene is an increase in dopamine and andrenaline in the body. The dopamine is used up quickly it seems and is the euphoric into stuff we crave in the morning. That is broken down into adrenaline. It seems at the adrenaline stage the kava can slow it's break down and cause a kind of residual insomnia and overall blah effect. And I personally know that all stimulants suck up a good amount of nutrients on its coarse and antioxidants. So nutrition plays a huge role in how had this is. Also consuming caffiene before heavy amounts of kava will also mitigate this since it will have a chance to break down ... I find if I consume mass amounts of kava and then drink caffiene my chances of feeling off and ruining a kava experience are much greater than the other way around .

With all this said I still consume caffiene and kava together every day.. but I pay for it if I go to far with the caffiene .. and pay even more if I have to much of both.

Certain strains like WoW from nakamal at home are VERY tough to get this off feeling from. Where as moi or even stone is Alot easier .

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi All! ...Can you do a toss and wash with the instant or should I def mix it with something?...
Welcome!

I would just mix with water, add ice cubes and stir a lot while drinking. That's the simplest to start. (You can also do this with micronized too)

For flavor, I also add a squirt of Mio to mine (Berry is my favorite).

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi All! I have not tried Kava yet but plan on ordering some tomorrow and hopefully trying it sometime next week. I'm considering getting the Instant Mo'i from GHK. Can you do a toss and wash with the instant or should I def mix it with something? Also I am a daily 1 cup a day in the evening yerba mate drinker, I have been reading that caffeine and kava dont go well together, so should I not drink yerba while taking Kava?
I drink Yerba Mate too, I haven't so much this summer. This past winter into late Spring, I drank Yerba everyday followed by kava right after and never felt better. I don't think caffeine and kava go well together as whole but Yerba is a different animal and for me it worked out well. I also would drink Yerba throughout the day with kava without any problems. The properties of Yerba are much different than that of a cup of coffee. Yerba is packed with a plethora of minerals and nutrients, I am not sure if this is part of it, but as I said, I mixed both for many months without a problem.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I generally drink yerba a few times in the morning and sometimes at lunch and nearly always leave kava until the evening but I did have a heavy yerba morning one Saturday and then a good shell of Pouni Ono just before lunch with some very interesting results! It was like a coffee type caffeine rush but without the jittery negative aspects of coffee, sort of up (not high) but relaxed with it. I'm not sure I would do it all the time as I prefer a balance to heavy kava experience but every now and then it's nice.

Also with the instant you can mix it with whatever you want to and it would work fine. I would get a shaker bottle for ease of mixing rather than messing about with stirring with a spoon. I used to use plain water and chug it but you can use almost anything, whatever you fancy, juices, sodas, etc. Try it with milk too, I like the taste and it helps me use the kava better.