What's new

Co2 Extract update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
People often ask so I figure I should give a quick update. Because I have the equipment to make it, throwing a basic Co2 extract in a jar and calling it a finished product is feasible. We're in this for the long play though. We want the best Co2 extract out there. Something that not only is potent, but also tastes amazing and is absorbed efficiently by the body. Adil at Paradise had this down to a science and lucky for everybody out there he and I have been in contact working something out so that Bula Kava House can hopefully make and sell products made with the same famous recipes.

Unfortunately getting this product to market may take a while longer. I've had a ton on my plate and I'll be touring kava producing countries of the south pacific through the end of November. I'm hoping soon after that I can jointly focus on a couple tasty extracts and our long overdo bottled kava. Thanks for your patience.

Bula!

Last edited:

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Sounds cool! My only recommendation would be that you have one that is unflavored, so those of us that enjoy the potent taste of kava can have the full experience. :)

And also one that is ginger. ;)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
People often ask so I figure I should give a quick update. Because I have the equipment to make it, throwing a basic Co2 extract in a jar and calling it a finished product is feasible. We're in this for the long play though. We want the best Co2 extract out there. Something that not only is potent, but also tastes amazing and is absorbed efficiently by the body. Adil at Paradise had this down to a science and lucky for everybody out there he and I have been in contact working something out so that Bula Kava House can hopefully make and sell products made with the same famous recipes.

Unfortunately getting this product to market may take a while longer. I've had a ton on my plate and I'll be touring kava producing countries of the south pacific through the end of November. I'm hoping soon after that I can jointly focus on a couple tasty extracts and our long overdo bottled kava. Thanks for your patience.

Bula!
That's Awesome! The beauty of kava in general is the added patience value, I can't wait to try it Judd, hopefully before Christmas :D

I am glad you are taking the time to roll it out with all the kinks aside and since you are working with Adil, all the better, I was one of those unfortunate people that never tried Paradise. If you need any guinea Pigs, I am PM away, lol.
Bula.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sounds cool! My only recommendation would be that you have one that is unflavored, so those of us that enjoy the potent taste of kava can have the full experience. :)

And also one that is ginger. ;)
The kava extract I make is serious. It's a "full kava experience" on woolly mammoth steroids. It's ingestible, but a dab the size of a pea will make your entire face go numb. It's not like drinking kava at all. It's easy so we may sell an unflavored version, but be careful what you wish for. It doesn't go down easy.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The kava extract I make is serious. It's a "full kava experience" on woolly mammoth steroids. It's ingestible, but it a dab the size of a pea will make your entire face go numb. It's not like drinking kava at all. It's easy so we may sell an unflavored version, but be careful what you wish for. It doesn't go down easy.
Now you are just teasing us man, I needed some yesterday...:)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The kava extract I make is serious. It's a "full kava experience" on woolly mammoth steroids. It's ingestible, but a dab the size of a pea will make your entire face go numb. It's not like drinking kava at all. It's easy so we may sell an unflavored version, but be careful what you wish for. It doesn't go down easy.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Speaking of stock piling, what is the shelf life on extract? Any special storage instructions?
That's a great question, I never tried it, but would also be interested to know. Maybe the fridge? Knowing me, it won't last that long in my hands.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Are you going to stock pile this like the rumors of your Stash from paradise Kapm? Because I sure am :)
lol, my stockpile is finally dwindling. I think I do have some deep time extracts saved up. Specifically I believe I'm still in possession of one jar of double strength mint extract. Other than that most of the other jars are just scrapings. Best thing to do with those are kava shots. Hot water in the leftovers of an extract jar can cause the legs and arms to stop working.

Edit: I've kept mine in the egg shelf in the fridge door, and they've remained at the same consistency.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I need extract!!! On my last stockpile of paradises num num sauce :eek:. I figured ghk would have it, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He had to go sale out and stop! (Kinda sounds like my first time, but I digress) I missed my chance to order due to damage to my house (see next comment below)...

You are our last hope obi... ah umm yea...

Last edited:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Speaking of stock piling, what is the shelf life on extract? Any special storage instructions?
I have kept me a bit of stash in my fridge for almost a year (I am on my last jar :cry:). Had lightning hit my house July 29th. Blew out my fridge and $15000 dollars worth of damage. I kept a bag of GHK Hiwa and Hawiaan blend in the freezer, they thawed and got musty flavored so I had to toss ( more :cry:). BUT, my stash of extract was as yummy as the day I got them.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I have kept me a bit of stash in my fridge for almost a year (I am on my last jar :cry:). Had lightning hit my house July 29th. Blew out my fridge and $15000 dollars worth of damage. I kept a bag of GHK Hiwa and Hawiaan blend in the freezer, they thawed and got musty flavored so I had to toss ( more :cry:). BUT, my stash of extract was as yummy as the day I got them.
Good to know, thank you. I just have the one little jar and am hoping to save it for air travel, it could be next summer before I fly again.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Good to know, thank you. I just have the one little jar and am hoping to save it for air travel, it could be next summer before I fly again.
I am gonna need 5 jars, because the first is going to be gone in a week (you know review purposes or some such excuse), one for the job (always going to keep a jar with me for that) the other 3 I will attempt to save, probably won't last a year though, lol. If I buy a few jars a month, I might be able to build a kapm' worthy stash.

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I am gonna need 5 jars, because the first is going to be gone in a week (you know review purposes or some such excuse), one for the job (always going to keep a jar with me for that) the other 3 I will attempt to save, probably won't last a year though, lol. If I buy a few jars a month, I might be able to build a kapm' worthy stash.
But alas, it is no more. We'll have to wait and see what BKH brings to market.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
But alas, it is no more. We'll have to wait and see what BKH brings to market.
I have been specifically waiting for Judd's extract, He already has great root and when he mentioned Adil and PK working with him, my heart skipped a beat. I never had the chance to try PK. I am going to stock pile his extract as if it was the end of the world. I don't think BKH is going to make one batch and stop selling it. Nonetheless, I am not taking any chances.

I started saving up for it already lol...

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Judd if you can tweak the extraction process to get it to include some of the more body heavy KLs it would be great. GHKs extract is not really to my liking because it is very heady, but almost no body....I never tried PK extract so I don't know if that was a better balance. I would still love the portability of a good extract. There are times where even taking out a microgrind and mixing it up is inconvenient.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Judd if you can tweak the extraction process to get it to include some of the more body heavy KLs it would be great. GHKs extract is not really to my liking because it is very heady, but almost no body....I never tried PK extract so I don't know if that was a better balance. I would still love the portability of a good extract. There are times where even taking out a microgrind and mixing it up is inconvenient.
Just use some good ole Koniac :)

Status
Not open for further replies.