What's new

GHK micro sampler for trade

TaneHead

Kava Curious
posted this in the marketplace, figured maybe i'd get more attention here.

"I received this yesterday (10/20) to try and see if Chris's micro would set well with me.

I tried the nene last night and just after a tbsp i felt a little bit of discomfort then after the second it was very uncomfortable. I had multiple side effects that are not worth it to me, ive had micro once before and it did this to me but i figured id give GHK a shot because he removes all makas. Its super good kava, some of the best i believe but i just cant handle the micro, my stomach is really finicky with a lot of stuff so i dont think its a matter of getting used to it. This was $80 and i only used 2 tablespoons total out of the nene bag. ( moi and maha are sealed ) I really wish i could tolerate it but it just takes away from the experience for me. Could not get a hold of chris about an exchange so trading will have to be my only option.

Would love to trade for some med grind kava as i only have >half pound of a bkh variety."

Open to any and all offers, thank you everyone!

TaneHead

Kava Curious
After the first I felt an uneasy feeling, after the second I had full on stomach and gi problems and a lot of abdominal pain. On top of that I barely got any positive effects compared to even a shell or two of med grind. Not sure what was going on there but the truth, I may try the others if I can't find any takers, maybe try straining it a bit.. But other than the stomach area pain I had problems down south that I've never experienced with med grind & felt like shit the next day as well. It was overall a very uncofortable experience.

D

Deleted User01

I would have been interested but I just got a sampler pack myself. All I do is Micronized. Never had any problems and it's just convenient as heck. I guess if you wanted to compare it to traditional consumption, then you might say it's like chewing on fresh root, spitting out the makas, and swallowing the pure root with the full spectrum of kava components. It's just so damn efficient for those with less than sensitive tummies. Hang in there, someone is bound to make you an offer.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Well, it does make people sick @Deleted User01 . Traditionally prepared Kava doesn't do that, as evidenced above. Sometimes when I drink micronized I'll have an upset stomach for a full day.

TaneHead

Kava Curious
yeah it sucks but at least now i know to stick with grog. hopefully ill find someone to take this soon

leaving in the morning for a festival. will be back sunday if anyone shows interest. thanks!

TaneHead

Kava Curious
ive been thinking about opening up the moi or maha but i figured if im trying to trade i should leave them sealed. i dont want to go through what i went through a week ago either lol. if i did i would most definitely be kneading it.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Just stick with traditional Kava and Kava making methods and you'll be fine. Micronized can really irritate the stomach

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
What is it in kava that causes stomach problems? Fiber? Or just something native to the plant itself, since micro might give me a bit of gas opposed to toss and wash medium grind such does nothing to my stomach.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
People always say that micronized is waaaay more convenient. I suppose that's mostly true for total beginners who struggle to figure out how to prepare traditional kava. But once you learn how to do it and develop your own perfect method, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to prepare traditional kava and it's very smooth. It takes me 10 minutes in total to prepare a bowl of traditional kava and this includes vacuum sealing my bag. Yes, micro is still a bit quicker, but the difference isn't huge. I think the major advantage of micro is that it can be used "on the road", plus perhaps the fact that it can be easily mixed with juices etc. I personally always prefer traditional, even though I do encourage some of the new users to perhaps start with micro so that they can feel kava and not get discouraged if they do not know how to prepare traditional grog.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I have tried traditional a few times and it's good, but I always just end up tossing and washing without any problems. I have eaten oatmeal everyday for the past 8ish years so I'm immune to kava's to problems*knock on wood*. The benefits for micro for me is conveniente and it seems more potent to me, it's not even that much more convenient since I just toss and wash. I find sublingually is where it shines. Since it just melts away under my tongue and hits me like a freight train in a few minutes.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
I had the same thing happen to me @TaneHead I had bought a pound of Moi micro, and terrible stomach pains and intense nausea. I found that I could still get the same (or close to it) potency using it in an AluBall and never had the same issues! just a suggestion, for non-traditional prep that is still relatively convenient.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I just add to warm water, blend and strain ( blend either by hand or a machine).
It's tough to judge how much a tablespoon of micro really is vs traditonal prep since we don't kne how much of a tbsp is the inner good stuff or the outer makas.