What's new

Powdered Kava Loa Lawena

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Loa Lawena, coming straight from Fiji, has really changed how we at CK think about kava. While it offers many of the effects that others attribute only to more expensive varieties, it also doesn't break the bank.

The chemotype of this kava is 426351, and it's had rave reviews over at the KavaForums.

One such reviewer said, "After the second shell hit I looked at my girlfriend and said Wow!!! Tons of happy euphoria with a body warming sensation and a release of anxiety." At this price point, there's no reason not to give this product a whirl!

Check out the TrueKava Certificate of analysis HERE!

As always, if you order your kava medium grind, we'll include a free, complimentary kava strainer bag that'll last plenty of relaxing sessions.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I am not able to post my review. It keeps saying "fill in all the required fields" when I try to submit, but everything is filled in.

First of all, hats off to the vendor and customer service and all that. Morgan delivered... My post office returned to sender and he actually gave me a heads up, and then resent my order after I got it worked out.

The Loa Lawena is a sweet find (thanks, forums(y)). Its milky-almond color. Smooth consistency, in both the dry powder and the grog. The powder has the small makas pieces that are about the size of beard trimmings or something like that. Not the thicker twigs seen in GHK Hiwa (only kind like that I can think of off hand, but there are a few). It handled nicely in the strainer. The small makes gave the powder some shape so that it didn't feel completely like wet clay. I noticed the change in texture as I kneaded, and was pretty comfortable about when the kneading was done. Sometimes I get crazy about getting every last bit of kavalactones, and I can't bring myself to stop kneading. With the Loa Lawena, it was really oily at first, then started to feel more like gardening soil consistency by the end. Upon second wash, the strainer kind of squeaked when I squeezed it.

It had a nice bite.... a mild, long bite. It wasn't a super peppery, lemon face, quick bite. It was more of a lips and mouth numbing and strong aromatics. The tip of my tongue tingled also. I find it refreshing. I find This to be a nice grog to bottle up and take with me, especially on my morning walks in the park with my dog. Couple gulps, no chaser.

The initial rush is quick. On my exhale, I felt a lightness in the back of my head, and my eyes only felt slightly droopy. I am then carried into a subtle cheeriness as my body seems to stretch out and become lighter. Sitting at my desk, it feels really good to lean back in my chair and stretch my legs out. Colors seem more saturated, and I'm a bit colder, but still comfortable. I find being productive in the office while drinking Loa Lawena is easy. I can be productive with any kava, but sometimes I have to stop "listening to the kava" to focus. The Loa Lawena sensation is comparable in a focused or un-focused state.

Loa Lawena also is good for watching binge worthy TV. Edgy heady kavas keep me from following plots well, and i reserve heavy kavas for watching mindless stuff like Maury and The Price is Right. Loa Lawena has a "Goldilocks sensation". Not too heady to sit still for a while, yet also not too melty to keep your from noticing subtleties.

I've never had a Kava that was labeled as lawena before I got this, so I can't speak for its tendency to exhibit typical lawena attributes. I have had other Fijians though, wakes, and this is truly different without being better or worse. It's complementary to waka. You can't try one without trying the other.

I've also found myself mixing Loa Lawena with edgier, heady kava to draw it out (both taste and effects). This mixture has been a good house party companion as of late. Nice and social.

Overall: Its great! its unique, yet an awesome go-to for any situation. I would buy it again.

Pictures:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I am not able to post my review. It keeps saying "fill in all the required fields" when I try to submit, but everything is filled in.
I found the problem hopefully is fixed. Please try again. Just copy and past your text so you don't have to retype it all.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

First of all, hats off to the vendor and customer service and all that. Morgan delivered... My post office returned to sender and he actually gave me a heads up, and then resent my order after I got it worked out.

The Loa Lawena is a sweet find (thanks, forums(y)). Its milky-almond color. Smooth consistency, in both the dry powder and the grog. The powder has the small makas pieces that are about the size of beard trimmings or something like that. Not the thicker twigs seen in GHK Hiwa (only kind like that I can think of off hand, but there are a few). It handled nicely in the strainer. The small makes gave the powder some shape so that it didn't feel completely like wet clay. I noticed the change in texture as I kneaded, and was pretty comfortable about when the kneading was done. Sometimes I get crazy about getting every last bit of kavalactones, and I can't bring myself to stop kneading. With the Loa Lawena, it was really oily at first, then started to feel more like gardening soil consistency by the end. Upon second wash, the strainer kind of squeaked when I squeezed it.

It had a nice bite.... a mild, long bite. It wasn't a super peppery, lemon face, quick bite. It was more of a lips and mouth numbing and strong aromatics. The tip of my tongue tingled also. I find it refreshing. I find This to be a nice grog to bottle up and take with me, especially on my morning walks in the park with my dog. Couple gulps, no chaser.

The initial rush is quick. On my exhale, I felt a lightness in the back of my head, and my eyes only felt slightly droopy. I am then carried into a subtle cheeriness as my body seems to stretch out and become lighter. Sitting at my desk, it feels really good to lean back in my chair and stretch my legs out. Colors seem more saturated, and I'm a bit colder, but still comfortable. I find being productive in the office while drinking Loa Lawena is easy. I can be productive with any kava, but sometimes I have to stop "listening to the kava" to focus. The Loa Lawena sensation is comparable in a focused or un-focused state.

Loa Lawena also is good for watching binge worthy TV. Edgy heady kavas keep me from following plots well, and i reserve heavy kavas for watching mindless stuff like Maury and The Price is Right. Loa Lawena has a "Goldilocks sensation". Not too heady to sit still for a while, yet also not too melty to keep your from noticing subtleties.

I've never had a Kava that was labeled as lawena before I got this, so I can't speak for its tendency to exhibit typical lawena attributes. I have had other Fijians though, wakes, and this is truly different without being better or worse. It's complementary to waka. You can't try one without trying the other.

I've also found myself mixing Loa Lawena with edgier, heady kava to draw it out (both taste and effects). This mixture has been a good house party companion as of late. Nice and social.

Overall: Its great! its unique, yet an awesome go-to for any situation. I would buy it again.

Pictures:
That second picture comes up as a brick wall, lol - Nice review though :)

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I just received Ck's Loa Lawena in the mail today. I drink kava to feel good and the Loa Lawena does that just right. Tons of warm euphoria
the taste is so smooth and the price lets you brew it real strong. Heavy kava has it's place but I'd say 95% of the time I prefer uplifting to sedative.
I put 2 ginormous TBLSs of the medium grind in a magic bullet with 6ozs. water and held back another 2ozs. for a second wash. After 2mins in the
blender I poured it in the new nylon strainer bag it came with kneading and wringing it out thoroughly then pour another oz of water and repeated .
The included strainer worked very well and the resulting grog was excellent! I spent the majority of the sweet spot playing guitar which is truly
enjoyable with this Loa Lawena . Time to reorder!