What's new

Hello from Europe

RoyDLee

Hello,

I'm a french kava user returning from a first try several years ago (VKS Malekulan, Paradise Kava powder + instant).
I live in France where situation of it is still unclear: you don't see kava in shops in metropolitan France, but kava is completely OK in New Caledonia for instance, which still is French territory.
I'm now using a batch a friend send me from there, which is noble kava I think (no hangover, no stomach discomfort)... which I prepare with a kit of Paradise Kava muslin bags I got in 2013. I use it to replace my 2-3 evening glasses of wine which are very tasty but not so healthy on the long run.

I wish to join this community to share about cultivars, availability and preparation,
and I'm particularly after securing my kava supply now (not everyone is OK to ship 2-10 lbs to France), and finding a good preparation method quick!
I'm waiting for the new reinforced Aluball for this, which looks like a very good idea providing it's sturdy enough for daily use!

Kind regards,

François

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum! Don't feel bad about not have shops selling kava in France, I don't have any here in Texas either. Luckily, the U.S. postal service is more than happy to deliver farm fresh kava directly to my doorstep.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hello,

I'm a french kava user returning from a first try several years ago (VKS Malekulan, Paradise Kava powder + instant).
I live in France where situation of it is still unclear: you don't see kava in shops in metropolitan France, but kava is completely OK in New Caledonia for instance, which still is French territory.
I'm now using a batch a friend send me from there, which is noble kava I think (no hangover, no stomach discomfort)... which I prepare with a kit of Paradise Kava muslin bags I got in 2013. I use it to replace my 2-3 evening glasses of wine which are very tasty but not so healthy on the long run.

I wish to join this community to share about cultivars, availability and preparation,
and I'm particularly after securing my kava supply now (not everyone is OK to ship 2-10 lbs to France), and finding a good preparation method quick!
I'm waiting for the new reinforced Aluball for this, which looks like a very good idea providing it's sturdy enough for daily use!

Kind regards,

François
Bonjour de Anglaterre! I am just the other side of the water from you and in a similar position. I can tell you from my experience over here that it is possible to have kava delivered in any quantity from any US or Hawaii/Vanuatu/Fiji vendor. I recommend you look into stackry.com. I bought kava from some of the vendors who don't ship to Europe, had it sent to my stackry postal address in New Hampshire and then they repackaged everything for me and sent it on via DHL, sent on Friday, at my door in London on Monday. It is a little more expensive to do than if you were in the US of course but not prohibitively expensive and the quantities bought made it well worthwhile.

kavamedicine

Kava Curious
Bonjour de Anglaterre! I am just the other side of the water from you and in a similar position. I can tell you from my experience over here that it is possible to have kava delivered in any quantity from any US or Hawaii/Vanuatu/Fiji vendor. I recommend you look into stackry.com. I bought kava from some of the vendors who don't ship to Europe, had it sent to my stackry postal address in New Hampshire and then they repackaged everything for me and sent it on via DHL, sent on Friday, at my door in London on Monday. It is a little more expensive to do than if you were in the US of course but not prohibitively expensive and the quantities bought made it well worthwhile.
I just looked at the Stackry Web site and that looks like it may be the solution I have been looking for. I live in Germany and was having small quantities of Kava shipped here until one package got snatched by customs and it became a big ordeal (I ended up getting off with a warning, but I am afraid to risk it again, as I would probably have to pay a nasty fine the second time around). How does Stackry handle the customs declaration, i.e. what do they indicate as to the contents of the package?

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I just looked at the Stackry Web site and that looks like it may be the solution I have been looking for. I live in Germany and was having small quantities of Kava shipped here until one package got snatched by customs and it became a big ordeal (I ended up getting off with a warning, but I am afraid to risk it again, as I would probably have to pay a nasty fine the second time around). How does Stackry handle the customs declaration, i.e. what do they indicate as to the contents of the package?
I think Edward is o holiday at the moment so i'd send him a PM!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You pretty much write your own customs label including contents and values :)