What's new

True test of spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
In our society spiritual typically means boogabosh.
Nonsense. there is no real test to who is actually spiritual.
But there is one test, one way in which life truly shows you "where" you are.

Challenges !
Challenges that life constantly throws at us.
How we respond , or react to these events and challenges is the test of consciousness .
If your truly being conscious, ( aware of awareness as your innermost I ) and a challenge arises than you will become more conscious so to speak. if your unconscious when the situation arises you will become more unconscious, blame, yell, defend, attack.

Resistance to life is summed up in one statement .

This should not be happening .

If that is being vocalize or thought about any situation in ny way. you are in resistance and unconscious.

My point here is that with many of us awakening and drinking kava . the question is arising about the use of kava or other drugs herbs and how they help meditation.

The answer and only true answer is ... when you are under their influence. can you know your self as the inner most I am.... If you can life's challenges will make you more alert more conscious.
. if you cannot maintain this while under the substance life will show you very quickly how you react to loved ones and anyone else ... are you generating negativity ? no? then you are okay and not unconscious :) njoy

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Of course !

I use words sometimes that other teachings or philosophys use differently.

By consciousness I'm referring to awareness itself, without any you could say filter.

So as an example
All sense perceptions are filters or expressions of consciousness but they aren't consciousness.. if you close your eyes you lose sight but their is still an observer who looks at the blackness or whatever else is arising beyond the eyelids..
Same with sound... when their is no sound for the ears ... we perceive that as silence.
Silence is consciousness, they are one and the same
When you become aware of silence you are really silence becoming aware of itself...

Dont take what I say as true .. test it out..
Can you listen to silence and be lost in thought at the same time ?

You have a few ingrediants to your life. this is all there is to any humans life.

Sight
Sound
Touch
Taste
Smell
Emotions
Thoughts

But wait there is one more.
The space or consciousness in which these arise and dissolve.

When I say being conscious,
I'm referring to when consciousness becomes conscious of itself through you.

To go deeper with it.

Say you had a million dollars in a bank account... but didn't know .
You would technically still be rich but you could use or express that wealth.

Same with consciousness .

EQ

Atman
@Mrbinx69 What do you mean by "consciousness" or "being conscious" in this context? Can you provide a definition?
The definition of Buddha is awakened one. This means being conscious: one unable to suffer. A Buddha has destroyed Samsara.

Binx in his words describes seperating the awareness from the ego.

121009_ratmxx_cover.jpg

Unable to suffer...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah that is an extreme there !

But yes ! Buddha usto say there is no one here to suffer.
So as to say there is pain, and there is suffering but there is no longer a sufferer .

This is true in my experience
If you resist what is, the ego becomes more solid, if you allow life to be , it weakens and becomes translucent to consciousness ... when challenges arise, they pass through you, quite literally, since there is no longer a self to hold on to the experience through resistance

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
when challenges arise, they pass through you, quite literally, since there is no longer a self to hold on to the experience through resistance
Which of course should be not confused with being unconcerned or taking challenges or life not serious.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yes, this is not , I can't be bothered with life anymore or I don't care.
There is a deeper caring in surrender than the mind could even fantasize. when you no longer resist whatever form life takes, you become like an arrow aiming straight for the target, theirs clarity and precision but no pride about it.

D

Deleted User01

Yeah, BoogerBosh! :D I think someone summed it up when they said, "Resistance is Futile". So you have to learn to embrace life even though it sucks. Kava does help me with this mantra: "Why in the heck am I so upset about something so small? Why am I upset at something that I can't change?" But I have to admit, I do like taking Kava and stepping into my cocoon. Escapism is frowned upon but I've earned it after so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.