What's new

Nutribullet opinions

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
For any blender method people out there, have you tried the nutri bullet or equivalent and what was your opinion of it for making kava? Is it better than a standard blender or not?

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I use a magic bullet for prep with great results. It's half the power of the nutri bullet at half the price. Clean up is simpler but if you need larger capacity the magic bullet comes with a blender attachment that will hold almost 3 cups. The blender attachment will also juice though not very well but it does spinach or frozen fruit smoothies pretty darn well.I like it better than my old blender because the smaller size heats the grog up quicker and it comes with a blade meant for ice and nuts and that blade is great for kava. It also takes up less space than a standard blender and stows easier.

schatz

itchin for kava
I have been using my nutribullet a couple times a week for 6 months or so when I dont feel like Aluballin. I havent noticed it being much stronger and I usually pulse it for one minute four times over the course of 15 minutes or so. That way it dosent overheat the kava or bullet and kava comes out at 120 degrees and then strain it. How are you guys using it to make your brew stronger? Are you doing it longer?

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I have been using my nutribullet a couple times a week for 6 months or so when I dont feel like Aluballin. I havent noticed it being much stronger and I usually pulse it for one minute four times over the course of 15 minutes or so. That way it dosent overheat the kava or bullet and kava comes out at 120 degrees and then strain it. How are you guys using it to make your brew stronger? Are you doing it longer?
I don't use it to make it stronger but to reduce time kneading . Just pour the blended grog in the strainer bag wring it out real good rinse the bullet out with a couple ozs. of water and pour through the strainer bag break up the root powder make sure it's wet again and wring again then repeat. It takes me about 15 minutes and I end up with about 5 or 6 smooth chug-able shells too chug-able I've done drank it all need to get to work on the next batch

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't really knead after blending and it's always pretty strong. I let the blender run for quite a while though. The blender I have doesn't rely heat the liquid up very much.

schatz

itchin for kava
I don't use it to make it stronger but to reduce time kneading . Just pour the blended grog in the strainer bag wring it out real good rinse the bullet out with a couple ozs. of water and pour through the strainer bag break up the root powder make sure it's wet again and wring again then repeat. It takes me about 15 minutes and I end up with about 5 or 6 smooth chug-able shells too chug-able I've done drank it all need to get to work on the next batch
How long are you guys letting your nutribullets go to work on your kava?

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I have used my nutribullet 10+ times and i haven't had any good results at all.....
I run it for 50 secs x4 and then strain.
I get better results from the aluball every time.
I put 4 heaped TABLEspoons in and was very disappointed .

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have used my nutribullet 10+ times and i haven't had any good results at all.....
I run it for 50 secs x4 and then strain.
I get better results from the aluball every time.
I put 4 heaped TABLEspoons in and was very disappointed .
The aluball lets quite a bit of sediment through so it depends how you're straining after blending but that could be making a difference?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have been straining it through Tights. The same type as i'd use for trad. prep.
Hmm, you'd think that would let through as much as aluballing. Oh well, just a thought. I've always found blending to be pretty good even in comparison to other methods. Maybe an expensive bit of kit isn't going to do a better job after all for whatever reason?

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
It doesn't make any sense.
I've tried and tried to make it work as it's so simple in practice...
Unless anyone else can tell me where i'm going wrong?

S

Summer

I used our vitamix once and blended it for about 5 or 6 minutes. It was literally smoking. Then I saw some posts about how it may ruin the carafe so I haven't done it since. I don't remember it being different than kneading, but it was nice to take a break from the preparation process.

When I used the aluball it let through way too much sediment for me and I had some unpleasant reactions. I always use nylons and and have great success with them, although I would like to invest in something more organic.

schatz

itchin for kava
When I do traditional or with my nutribullet I use the Wakakon strainer bag and I end up using my Aluball to get me where I want to be. I do think that I get a little more sediment with my Aluball but dosent seem to be bothering me after almost a year of using and two balls later, so I will continue to use my Aluballs, even though it seems like I am cheating.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I try to let it blend in the bullet for at least 2 minutes. For the strongest grog I've ever had I don't strain at all just blend and gulp but you have to use a real fine ground
root powder . Kava Kauai's Special Reserve or just their regular Vanuatu work well for this method . I am not so sensitive to nausea or derm so it this method is not for
everyone but the effects are stronger with one heaping Tbls are stronger than with 2 heaping Tbls in any other method

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I used our vitamix once and blended it for about 5 or 6 minutes. It was literally smoking. Then I saw some posts about how it may ruin the carafe so I haven't done it since. I don't remember it being different than kneading, but it was nice to take a break from the preparation process.

When I used the aluball it let through way too much sediment for me and I had some unpleasant reactions. I always use nylons and and have great success with them, although I would like to invest in something more organic.
I'd love to see the organic version of Tide packs for kava (perhaps gelatin) for a super concentrated shot to be mixed with w/e the beverage of choice...hum..:bigmoney:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
KWK's little 2oz. bottles of concentrate are pretty close to that. I just pour it over Ice and add water. It's very tasty at least the guava version is.
I haven't tried the other flavor as yet.