What's new

What's the new heavy boronguru like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Is the new heavy batch of boronguru similar to vula waka or other very heavy kavas, or is it smoother with less side effects than most heavy kavas? Many boroguru I have had are kind of heavy but very clean. Is this one to be careful with?

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Had it for the first time last night, so I went a little light to test the waters. Smooth taste, nice numbing and very relaxing to the body. I find Vula has some heaviness, but this one demands a comfy place to settle in for the evening.
Slept great and no side effects, looking forward to diving in strong next time.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Mike from KWK told me he personally believes its their heaviest kava IIRC and he definitely said it was more sedating than the Vula.

I will say it wasn't quite as spicy as I was expecting for a Vanuatu kava and it didn't seem to mess with my stomach or anything much at all. I had a pound from the new batch shipped to me in mid January and just recently finished it, I'd say it's clean feeling for sure but everyone is different.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
So no side effects from anyone so far? I have to go lightly with other vendors heavy strains like hiwa, nangol noble, and hanakapi ai. So this is cleaner?
Again, hard to judge off one session but I found it very clean. Closest I'd compare it to from my handful of strains tried is boroguru from GHK. Nothing like hanakapi.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Sadly I've not tried those other stronger strains you mentioned but from what I gather no it doesn't have those effects, it was honestly maybe even calmer/less side effecty to me than the stronger Fijan's like Dua Na Bilo or KWK Loa Waka.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
just tried it once. not as heavy as stone. it was relaxing. no side effects. will need to try it again as I had it after some lawena.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Ok all I was really wondering was if I could take this around dinner time and still be able to function and also have no side effects so it sounds like this is what I was hoping for. I would love it if it was something like a strong Nene

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So no side effects from anyone so far? I have to go lightly with other vendors heavy strains like hiwa, nangol noble, and hanakapi ai. So this is cleaner?
I'm working my way through a big bag of it, and have been for the last 2-3 weeks. No strange side effects, no skin issues, no next day issues. It really is a great heavier kava.

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
Would this be the same strain as what goes into the micronized? Keep in mind that I am still tryng to find out if I am a kava "reactor" or if my only reaction is nothing and then hit a dose where I get miserable, but I took a heavy dose of this last night after a lighter dose did nothing and... yup. Miserable. Mood hit the toilet so bad even the husband was asking "what on earth is up with your mood?" Irritable, stressed, panicky, etc. I came on here to see if this was categorized as "heady", since, when this happened with the Hiwa from GHK, someone said perhaps it was headiness that was getting to me. But, it doesn't appear to be, if it's knocking the rest of you out. Strange indeed.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds like one of two things are happening. 1. You are expecting something that hits you really hard when kava is more subtle and drinking too much
2. You are one of those rare people whose body doesn't react well to kava. Hiwa is usually considered heavy as well. Have you tried heady kava,?

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
I was told Hiwa was heady. I've tried a bunch of non-traditional froms: Kava Tincture Plus, Kava Lovetones Capsules, Broad Spectrum Kavalactone paste, Kava Candy and Kalm with Kava concentrate. And Boroguru and Vula Waka micronized. And, in traditional grind/prep: Waka Grade Vanuatu (Real Kava), Hanakapi'ai (GHK), Hiwa (GHK.) And just a traditional grind from a company called Mood and Mind, which was the first kind I bought before trying to investigate more. Not sure if any of those are "heady" or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.