What's new

Experience with non traditional forms with nasuea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Had a bad experience a few weeks ago after a few days of Kava where I got naucious enough that I threw up, there were other factors involved but I know Kava pushed me over the edge. My stomach is quite sensitive these days (GERD among other things) and I enjoy Kava but I do not care for all the water and the taste just gets to me. I've seen vendors selling candy and I would like to try this method but if it is the same effect on the stomach then I'm not sure it would matter. I know some of you enjoy the taste or somehow stomach through it but I have to close my nose and immediately follow it up with something sweet just to not have to get it on my tounge I just cant.

Some more earthy tasting Kava's like KWK's Borongoru are not as bad.

I find the whole process and stomach irritance that happens tends to put me off so changing up the method of ingestion might be a good thing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Had a bad experience a few weeks ago after a few days of Kava where I got naucious enough that I threw up, there were other factors involved but I know Kava pushed me over the edge. My stomach is quite sensitive these days (GERD among other things) and I enjoy Kava but I do not care for all the water and the taste just gets to me. I've seen vendors selling candy and I would like to try this method but if it is the same effect on the stomach then I'm not sure it would matter. I know some of you enjoy the taste or somehow stomach through it but I have to close my nose and immediately follow it up with something sweet just to not have to get it on my tounge I just cant.

Some more earthy tasting Kava's like KWK's Borongoru are not as bad.

I find the whole process and stomach irritance that happens tends to put me off so changing up the method of ingestion might be a good thing.
I'm the same way, and I also find borongoru's taste a bit further on the 'less offensive' side than other kavas.

In regards to the kava candies, they use Sorbitol so if you have a sensitive stomach, they may not be the best route.

I've been through the kava taste aversion due to being sick from it, and I hate to tell you what the real answer is. It's to keep drinking it. Eventually you work through the aversion and go on to just being "okay" with the horrid taste.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I'm the same way, and I also find borongoru's taste a bit further on the 'less offensive' side than other kavas.

In regards to the kava candies, they use Sorbitol so if you have a sensitive stomach, they may not be the best route.

I've been through the kava taste aversion due to being sick from it, and I hate to tell you what the real answer is. It's to keep drinking it. Eventually you work through the aversion and go on to just being "okay" with the horrid taste.
I think I'm going to have to get back into the variety. I'm only using 1 kava right now (its all I have in my current location) and I'm fine after 2 days usually but once that 3rd day in a row hits Its just like no more. My stomach just isn't having it.

Also, For the record, I do not recommend the mixing of Kava and heat.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Some varieties are way worse tasting and nauseating than others. Have you tried instant? They are usually the mildest tasting and easiest on the stomach.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That is true. I only really blend to modify effects, though.
I used to just blend for effects till I got old and jaded and decadent. I got curious about what I could do with some of the stronger or stranger tasting grinds I have, and yeah, with a bit of experimentation you can make them a lot more drinkable usually so you can enjoy them more, put the outliers back into a more heavy rotation.

My two real go-to blenders, for both taste and effect, are Best Fijian Lawena (also quite acceptable on its own as a straight grog) and the Tikaram's Kava Tonga (earlier batches of which I just use for blending, but the latest batch I got from them is so much improved, it's not bad on its own and really makes any of the cheaper Fijian wakas into more of a treat in both taste and effects. I don't know if that will be true of subsequent batches but I sure hope so)

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor

Agreed:) sometimes the sorbitol can be too much for a sensitive stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.