What's new

Latest batch of teveuni

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
Yes very strong kava. Low dose is better. Higher doses actually has a very sedating effect on me after the initial wallop. I found it to be really good blended with Dua Na Bilo! 1:1.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I recently ordered more im digging this batch this much!! I have NOT noticed any extra G.I Issues then other kava personallly.
I do need to refrain from drinking this solely and switch to a ambrae's when it feels right

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yes very strong kava. Low dose is better. Higher doses actually has a very sedating effect on me after the initial wallop. I found it to be really good blended with Dua Na Bilo! 1:1.
Sadly, I can't get much sedation even at a high dose and will follow up with a heavy hitting Vanuatu at the end. The dokobana vula is the only fijian I've tried that's been able to help me sleep at high doses.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Does anybody have any comments on the latest batch? I'm not sure what to think of it yet. Kinda makes me woozy.
Just got some today and just drank two heaping tbs in one 8 oz. shell. I can confirm that it is potent. Just hitting me now and I didn't sleep well last night, so I won't say much beyond that it is potent and starts off very heady. I felt it hit at 7 minutes following ingestion as opposed to 20 minutes with the Kadavu.

@Kava Time, Do you have an updated chemotype for this batch, or given that you say this farmer basically only plants one cultivar (Loa kasa leka), can we reasonably assume the chemotye is the same as previous batches?

Last edited:

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Just got some today and just drank two heaping tbs in one 8 oz. shell. I can confirm that it is potent. Just hitting me now and I didn't sleep well last night, so I won't say much beyond that it is potent and starts off very heady. I felt it hit at 7 minutes following ingestion as opposed to 20 minutes with the Kadavu.

@Kava Time, Do you have an updated chemotype for this batch, or given that you say this farmer basically only plants one cultivar (Loa kasa leka), can we reasonably assume the chemotye is the same as previous batches?
Yes the chemotype for this farmer's kava should be the same as previous batches. The only difference in that this batch has been completely sundried while some batches before were fire dried.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yes the chemotype for this farmer's kava should be the same as previous batches. The only difference in that this batch has been completely sundried while some batches before were fire dried.
Yeah it doesn't smell smokey; the Ambae's does smell smokey, though. Did they send you the Ambae's root and have you dry it in Fiji? Powerful stuff!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hmmmm. Are you sure you're thinking of the right one? My Ambae doesn't have any smokiness. Just that very distinctive scent of high quality Vanuatu kava.
Well, I did drink both some Tavueni and some Ambae today, so I can't rule out the possibility. Smokiness comes out especially if you use hot water.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
This is definitely a potent heady kava. I can almost feel the head-tingle extending to my ankles. But I'm also feeling a little anxious. I have other explanations for the anxiety besides kava, but am wondering if the yangonin might be higher in this batch. @Kava Time, any chance you got an updated chemotype for this batch?
Really potent.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
This is definitely a potent heady kava. I can almost feel the head-tingle extending to my ankles. But I'm also feeling a little anxious. I have other explanations for the anxiety besides kava, but am wondering if the yangonin might be higher in this batch. @Kava Time, any chance you got an updated chemotype for this batch?
Really potent.
Its basically the same chemotype as our taveuni farmer plants just 1 cultivar because of its hardiness. Did you try the previous batch when it was available?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Its basically the same chemotype as our taveuni farmer plants just 1 cultivar because of its hardiness. Did you try the previous batch when it was available?
Yes; I tried the previous batch. I apologize if I already asked this question (It only occured to me I had when you replied). Very potent kava and a bit of a creeper (though I did take food). I don't remember the previous batch being this potent.

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Whoa; this Taveuni's just put me cross-eyed. I think I'm at 8 tbs. Very pleasant, though. No nausea. (and this time, unlike my unexpected going cross-eyed with the Dokobana Vula, I am in the safety of my home.)

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Update...still awesome. Couch locked, chilled, easy vining. Smooth effects yet dramatic. 9/10 I vote.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Last night I had one of the strongest grog sessions i have had since around 2015. The KT Teveuni Secret kicked my butt! I learned the secret...Teveuni's Secret. The answer to everything is 42. I know cause I did the math on it last night. Like in the old western that says, "I got good news and bad news. The bad news is they got us completely surrounded. The good news is that they got nowhere to go and they can't get away." That's how this kava felt (in a good way). It completely enveloped me and I was immersed in it. First time in a long time I felt under the control of the kava (again, in a good way). Most kavas just don't hit me like this. I am a fanboy now!

Status
Not open for further replies.