What's new

I'm baaaacccckkkk!

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
After taking a long break from kava, I am finally back to enjoying some grog. Been drinking my favorite squanch Waka lately.

I decided to have a noon time session today on an empty stomach. Put 1.5 tbsp of squanch Waka in an aluball with about 12 ounces of room temperature water. Shook it for about 90 seconds. I've read in the past that almond milk or coconut milk can potentiate the effects but always only used water extractions, so I poured 3-4 ounces of chocolate almond milk in the grog after the extraction and poured a couple 4oz shells. Man did it get me krunk, and the flavor was very tolerable! Maybe it's because I had 6-8 shells last night, but this meager amount of kava has really put me in a good place. I'll definitely be adding some kind of milk to my mixes here and there in the future.
Glad to back, bula!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
After taking a long break from kava, I am finally back to enjoying some grog. Been drinking my favorite squanch Waka lately.

I decided to have a noon time session today on an empty stomach. Put 1.5 tbsp of squanch Waka in an aluball with about 12 ounces of room temperature water. Shook it for about 90 seconds. I've read in the past that almond milk or coconut milk can potentiate the effects but always only used water extractions, so I poured 3-4 ounces of chocolate almond milk in the grog after the extraction and poured a couple 4oz shells. Man did it get me krunk, and the flavor was very tolerable! Maybe it's because I had 6-8 shells last night, but this meager amount of kava has really put me in a good place. I'll definitely be adding some kind of milk to my mixes here and there in the future.
Glad to back, bula!
Try cow's milk.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Try cow's milk.
I would, but I don't do cows milk. Been several years since I had any kind of milk. I decided to grab some chocolate almond milk just for some rich chocolate flavor, just for the hell of it.

I have a friend with a dairy farm, so I may just have to try some fresh cream.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I would, but I don't do cows milk. Been several years since I had any kind of milk. I decided to grab some chocolate almond milk just for some rich chocolate flavor, just for the hell of it.

I have a friend with a dairy farm, so I may just have to try some fresh cream.
Cream should do it too. You only need a splash of milk, I use 1 cup of milk to 2 or 3 cups of water depending how much I'm making. It definitely makes a difference for me where coconut or anything else doesn't.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
...and just like that, another shell head has converted to team @Edward , putting milk in their grog. Maybe I'll try it with coconut milk.
It's not something I plan on doing every time, but I'll continue to experiment with it to see if the milk made any difference, or if I'm just feeling the effects from the previous night. Regardless, it made it taste much more pleasant, even though I don't mind the taste of straight kava.

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
I didn't find coconut anything to make any difference, it's only been cow's milk that has helped.
A ketogenic diet denies me the ability to drink cow's milk, however i can have heavy whipping cream. Would that produce the same effect? I usually use almond milk but i can't tell the difference in effects vs. plain grog, it just gives it a little smoother flavor.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I like milk with homemade instant and chocolate powder or strawberry syrup. Whir that in a blender or frothy maker, add some ice. Very pleasant way to enjoy kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
A ketogenic diet denies me the ability to drink cow's milk, however i can have heavy whipping cream. Would that produce the same effect? I usually use almond milk but i can't tell the difference in effects vs. plain grog, it just gives it a little smoother flavor.
It's worth a go. Someone had a theory that there is an enzyme in the milk that makes the difference. Could well be present in the cream as well?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
If you're lactose intolerant, try kefir instead. All the lactose is fermented away.

If that's too thick, dilute it with some water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Voila, you've got ayran, or doogh, or whatever you care to call it.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If you're lactose intolerant, try kefir instead. All the lactose is fermented away.

If that's too thick, dilute it with some water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Voila, you've got ayran, or doogh, or whatever you care to call it.
I love kefir and a few weeks ago I tried it with kava. If you think kava tastes bad on its own, wait until mix it with kefir. I don't mind the taste of kava, but the combo made me gag.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Kefir is a fine wasemaot, after kava, though no question krunky's warning is one to heed. The combination made my eyes bleed.