What's new

Intro to kava via Squanch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have a good friend who like me but for much longer has been clean for some 18+ years. Admittedly he still indulges in the occasional herb, nicotine and lots of coffee (too much coffee). I have been telling him about kava for sometime and I finally sat down with him today and introduced him to some Waka. I triple balled roughly 6tbs in the Alubottle, we went shell for shell with 2 solid washes.

It was fun to watch him go through those early aha moments, specially as the KL's worked it's way through his body for the first time. By the end of wash number 2, he was noticeably krunked or in the least, I could sense he felt the calm, he was able to distinguish between the initial euphoria followed by the sense of body or relaxation.

I had a blast, I left him with my Alubottle and a 1/2 lbs, to get him and the wife going.

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
I have a good friend who like me but for much longer has been clean for some 18+ years. Admittedly he still indulges in the occasional herb, nicotine and lots of coffee (too much coffee). I have been telling him about kava for sometime and I finally sat down with him today and introduced him to some Waka. I triple balled roughly 6tbs in the Alubottle, we went shell for shell with 2 solid washes.

It was fun to watch him go through those early aha moments, specially as the KL's worked it's way through his body for the first time. By the end of wash number 2, he was noticeably krunked or in the least, I could sense he felt the calm, he was able to distinguish between the initial euphoria followed by the sense of body or relaxation.

I had a blast, I left him with my Alubottle and a 1/2 lbs, to get him and the wife going.
This is awesome, I wish I was your friend when I started. Unfortunately I am one of the first of my friends who has ventured the kava route. So far a couple of em wanna try it out but I won't introduce em to it bc of how spendy it is and how much we have to use to get krunked and what if they have a reverse tolerance.....

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
This is awesome, I wish I was your friend when I started. Unfortunately I am one of the first of my friends who has ventured the kava route. So far a couple of em wanna try it out but I won't introduce em to it bc of how spendy it is and how much we have to use to get krunked and what if they have a reverse tolerance.....
I hear you, I wish I had a friend like me too when I started. :)
This forum has been the next best thing to it.

Happy to update That my friend is a regular Squanch head and I got him to try some KWK Borongoru recently, he's well into his kava journey and looks forward to all the wonderful varieties out there.

GreatScotty

Kava Curious
My GF got me into the Squanch. So far out of all the kinds, mind you its only about 3 or 4 verities, Squanch is my favorite!

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
My GF got me into the Squanch. So far out of all the kinds, mind you its only about 3 or 4 verities, Squanch is my favorite!
Me too. Me too. It's the "old granddad" of kavas. When I used to drink booze I'd go from jack to Jim to captain M but would always go back to good "old granddad". Squanch is like that for me. Never failed me yet!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Squanch is a good pick to break people through the RT or hardheadedness. I give kava to all my friends when they come over if they're interested at all and its nice to see when they start getting more and more fond of it. Ive got a friend who i hang out and have shells with weekly and when he first tried it a year ago he felt nothing and didn't like the taste. Now he happily matches my intake and the taste isn't an issue anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.