What's new

Side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawkaw

Hello!
I'm from France and i'm novice with kava. Last nigth i had drink 3 serving of kava (4 tablespoons each serving) with interval of 20 minutes. I had felt itches 1 hours about after drink it. And today in morning i drink 1 serving of kava with 3 tablespoons ( i reduce the dose) and i felt 6 hours about after drink it fews itches (but less than last night). It is normal??

Thank youuu very much

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Was it micronised kava? Sounds like a big dose per serving of any kind of kava. Itchiness isn't impossible as kava dries you out.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello!
I'm from France and i'm novice with kava. Last nigth i had drink 3 serving of kava (4 tablespoons each serving) with interval of 20 minutes. I had felt itches 1 hours about after drink it. And today in morning i drink 1 serving of kava with 3 tablespoons ( i reduce the dose) and i felt 6 hours about after drink it fews itches (but less than last night). It is normal??

Thank youuu very much
Yes, kava consumption can cause the skin to dry out and this can easily cause little cases of itchiness here and there.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yes, kava consumption can cause the skin to dry out and this can easily cause little cases of itchiness here and there.
I'm still confused by the dose bit too... that's a lot of any kava, I'm sure I'd feel more than itchy no matter what it was! Unless we have a translation issue with "tablespoon"? It can happen... in the UK a tablespoon is a whacking great thing like three US tablespoons... maybe not as big as a baseball though @nabanga ;-)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hello!

Thank youuu very much
I get itchy just reading about drinking that much at once, or at that strength, anyway.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Sometimes, with some people, kava can cause itching, like an allergic reaction. One time I got a madly itching scalp and neck from an ancient bag that had been kicking around the back of the cupboard for a few years. The itcing lasted a couple of days and never came back.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Kawkaw

So i think it's the dose maybe my spoon is big. In preparation instructions there is 2-4 tablespoons but you tell me it's a big dose

Kawkaw

Please what is the best dose and posology of borongoru kava for the anxiety? I am a novice and I don't want to waste my kava with bad preparation and utilisation ( for water hot or normal?) Thank you

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
It will help if you specify if you're using micronized or medium grind; sounds like medium from the prep recommendations. 4tbsps isn't a big dose imo, but 3x 4 tbsp in an hour would be pushing it for many. I'm a micro user, and personally 4 tbsp is a normal dose for me, 3x within an hour would push my nausea buttons. It will depend on your personal interaction with kava how much you need-if you feel good and not nauseous, that's my measure of the right dose.
Unfortunately my requirement of larger doses doesn't mean I'm infalliable to side effects, and I experience itchiness most of the time too. I've found Edward's trick of consuming 1tbsp+ coconut oil a day really helps keep the itchiness from escalating to dermo.
Water temp is a personal preference. I use room temp water. Some notice a small difference with hot tap water. I tried the boiling method once and it's the only time I've ever hurled on kava :yuck: if you think kava already tastes bad, don't try that method.

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
120 milliliter by volume is close to a U.S. half-cup measurement which is about 8 U.S. tablespoons...which is what I consider a good starting point for a full batch of kava--using medium grind kava, kneaded and filtered through a nylon strainer bag. If I were using 'micronized' or instant kava and drinking it straight, mixed in water without straining it, I would use a bit less.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Another good way to get coconut oil into your system is eat tacos often and fry your corn tortillas in coconut oil. ::toungezz::
mmm, tacos dorados de zanahoria y atun

basically cook potato and carrot then mash together and add a can of dos patos hot sauce and a can of tuna and mix, then fill the soft corn tortillas, bend 'em of=ver and fry gently on each side. Surprisingly good. If you poor and you ain't got tuna, don't tell people. They'll just assume it's there. Maybe save the oil from the bottom of the last can to add to help fool diners?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
mmm, tacos dorados de zanahoria y atun

basically cook potato and carrot then mash together and add a can of dos patos hot sauce and a can of tuna and mix, then fill the soft corn tortillas, bend 'em of=ver and fry gently on each side. Surprisingly good. If you poor and you ain't got tuna, don't tell people. They'll just assume it's there. Maybe save the oil from the bottom of the last can to add to help fool diners?
Tuna! I’ve heard of fish tacos but not this. Where’s it from? I love el pato hot sauce!

Status
Not open for further replies.