What's new

(1 new pic) One 'Awa Plant Makes Many 'Awa Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
View attachment 9409 Hi everyone, I just harvested a very large 'Awa Nene and I got about 300 cuttings from this one kava plant. Gotta keep things going. (y)
I hope you all enjoy the pictures , I am sorry about the time stamp, I never set that stuff and it was my wife's camera. ;) The pictures were taken on July 11th of 2018. Hawaii's foremost kava expert was with me at the time of harvest, in case some of my nonbelievers doubt these pictures and when they were taken. Yes I have a very small amount of nonbelievers, believe it or not. :ROFLMAO:
I have been planting so many cuttings that I am running low on the moss I use so I had to buy some, I got this real good moss from New Zealand, How do you like that @Henry , growing Hawaiian 'awa in New Zealand moss. ::awesomesmiles::
Aloha.

Chris
100_0945.JPG
100_0946.JPG
100_0947.JPG
100_0960.JPG

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi everyone, I just harvested a very large 'Awa Nene and I got about 300 cuttings from this one kava plant. Gotta keep things going. (y)
I hope you all enjoy the pictures , I am sorry about the time stamp, I never set that stuff and it was my wife's camera. ;)
I have been planting so many cuttings that I am running low on the moss I use so I had to buy some, I got this real good moss from New Zealand, How do you like that @Henry , growing Hawaiian 'awa in New Zealand moss. ::awesomesmiles::
Aloha.

Chris
View attachment 9334 View attachment 9335 View attachment 9336 View attachment 9337
Nice pics! I think it would be great to continue to take pics as you moss these and then get them into the ground so we can follow the progress.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The pics look good as usual. Would it really be too much trouble to fix your camera's date, though? It would give them a much more professional look and people who casually look at them wont think they are 5 year old archives.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
The pics look good as usual. Would it really be too much trouble to fix your camera's date, though? It would give them a much more professional look and people who casually look at them wont think they are 5 year old archives.
The description says all the information needed for anyone to see when the photos were taken. Not all of my photos are taken with that camera. Sometimes I am just too busy to worry about things like the time stamp on the camera. Sorry if it bugs you or other people. Just enjoy the pictures.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, here is one more picture I took today of the cuttings, you can see how they are growing very nicely and it will be time to put the rooted cuttings into pots with soil. This is how we do it, this is how kava farms can grow exponentially, harvest one mature 'Awa and you get many baby 'Awa. I got over 300 baby plants from that one 'Awa Nene we harvested and in just a few more months they will be able to go into the ground. Wow :woot: 300 'Awa, new plants ready to plant in the ground in a matter of months. I hope you all enjoy the picture below. Aloha.

Chris
20180819_145232.jpg

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Hi everyone, here is one more picture I took today of the cuttings, you can see how they are growing very nicely and it will be time to put the rooted cuttings into pots with soil. This is how we do it, this is how kava farms can grow exponentially, harvest one mature 'Awa and you get many baby 'Awa. I got over 300 baby plants from that one 'Awa Nene we harvested and in just a few more months they will be able to go into the ground. Wow :woot: 300 'Awa, new plants ready to plant in the ground in a matter of months. I hope you all enjoy the picture below. Aloha.

Chris
View attachment 9410
...And when you think about it, this is the same Nēnē as the pre-contact Hawaiians grew. Clonal, vegetative propagation is interesting.
Has its' downside with narrow genetic base/range but when you have a good one, you really have something special and Nēnē is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.