What's new

Is kava grounding to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
Does kava give your energy a grounded feeling while drinking it, and/or afterwards? If so, how long do the effects typically last for you? Do you incorporate kava into your life more or less often depending on if you're feeling like you need to do more grounding work? Or perhaps you cut it out for lengths of time because you're feeling TOO grounded and earthy and need to get back into your head a bit? Just curious if anyone else has thought of kava in these terms before or uses kava for grounding work.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Yes! Potatoes are grounding; Kava wears the crown in my eyes. Though I could list herbs that have a calming, earth-balance restoring effect, Kava is so centering to me that after even the tiniest shell I feel I can breathe more deeply. Each breath is cooler and fuller, each sip of water can be felt flowing through my entire body, the beehive that is my mind pauses for rest, muscles relax and desire abates for a while. Sometimes when drinking kava alone I go to sleep a couple hours after one drink.

Kava beverage is from a root, which lives in the ground and is deeply connected to Earth and nature. Humans must cultivate it else it go extinct, bringing a sense of symbiosis and intentional service to humanity into the brew.

The first time I ever had kava I felt so at-peace with the world and my place in it, I described it as a "permanent anti-depressant effect". I still feel that. My blessings to the kava plant, my sincere gratitude.

Pule O Kalei'iliahi
Prayer by Kalei'iliahi

E ho mai i ke kou alo a me i ka mana po nui,
May the Presence and the Power

I ke aloha a me i ka hau'oli,
The love and the joy

I ka malu a me i ka laule'a,
The peace and the happiness

I ke ola a me i ka pa'a,
The health and the wholeness

I ka pono a me i ka waiwai,
The success and the abundance

Ua he pono pau'oli a pau, e 'Io e,
All of the infinite good that our Creator is

Hele mai ia makou, mua ia makou, hope ia makou,
Go with us, before us, behind us,

Maluna ia makou a me i lalo ia makou,
Above us and below us,

Ka'apuni ia makou a me i loko ia makou,
Around us and within us,

A me e ho'ohana ia makou, ala hele i ka malino, nani, a me hemolele.
And make smooth, beautiful and perfect our way.

E lele i ka pule ia ka lani nui!
May this prayer fly to the highest heavens!

A mama ua noa
And so it is

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
Yes! Potatoes are grounding; Kava wears the crown in my eyes. Though I could list herbs that have a calming, earth-balance restoring effect, Kava is so centering to me that after even the tiniest shell I feel I can breathe more deeply. Each breath is cooler and fuller, each sip of water can be felt flowing through my entire body, the beehive that is my mind pauses for rest, muscles relax and desire abates for a while. Sometimes when drinking kava alone I go to sleep a couple hours after one drink.

Kava beverage is from a root, which lives in the ground and is deeply connected to Earth and nature. Humans must cultivate it else it go extinct, bringing a sense of symbiosis and intentional service to humanity into the brew.

The first time I ever had kava I felt so at-peace with the world and my place in it, I described it as a "permanent anti-depressant effect". I still feel that. My blessings to the kava plant, my sincere gratitude.

Pule O Kalei'iliahi
Prayer by Kalei'iliahi

E ho mai i ke kou alo a me i ka mana po nui,
May the Presence and the Power

I ke aloha a me i ka hau'oli,
The love and the joy

I ka malu a me i ka laule'a,
The peace and the happiness

I ke ola a me i ka pa'a,
The health and the wholeness

I ka pono a me i ka waiwai,
The success and the abundance

Ua he pono pau'oli a pau, e 'Io e,
All of the infinite good that our Creator is

Hele mai ia makou, mua ia makou, hope ia makou,
Go with us, before us, behind us,

Maluna ia makou a me i lalo ia makou,
Above us and below us,

Ka'apuni ia makou a me i loko ia makou,
Around us and within us,

A me e ho'ohana ia makou, ala hele i ka malino, nani, a me hemolele.
And make smooth, beautiful and perfect our way.

E lele i ka pule ia ka lani nui!
May this prayer fly to the highest heavens!

A mama ua noa
And so it is
Nice prayer!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I find it can be either grounding or the opposite. I like to use it mainly for grounding but many kavas become more loopy to me as i drink them more often. Before i used kava daily almost all kava was grounding to me. Now some make me feel like im swimming off kilter. If I take a day off of kava they usually go back to normal, but some kava is less grounding in general. A lot of it probably has to do with my anxiety chemistry.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I find it can be either grounding or the opposite. I like to use it mainly for grounding but many kavas become more loopy to me as i drink them more often. Before i used kava daily almost all kava was grounding to me. Now some make me feel like im swimming off kilter. If I take a day off of kava they usually go back to normal, but some kava is less grounding in general. A lot of it probably has to do with my anxiety chemistry.
I agree. I find that the setting (both physical and psychological) has a bigger effect in making kava "grounding" than anything else. The most grounding thing I've found, so far, is a warm bowl Japanese Matcha, slowly sipped. I also think the "grounding" effect of kava is better at smaller doses. A full bore krunk has never struck me as a particularly grounding experience.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Oh yeah definitely, I mean during the peak of the experience I'm definitely pretty loopy and like human jelly but later I'm as grounded as can be. Could be different depending on what you drink though. But if I'm really stressed out and can afford an extra drink of kava that week it usually does the trick and lets me sleep easy after. You need to keep in mind though that everyone's brain chemistry is different, what's relaxing for me could be the opposite for someone else. But on that note I still don't think anyone has ever been able to have for example a panic attack on kava before.

Status
Not open for further replies.