What's new

Kava "Dream" Strains

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
The new Nakamal at Home batch of "Solomon Kava" is a dream booster. Most Kavas cause vivid dreaming, but this particular strain takes it to a whole new level for me. I have been having long, detailed, very vivid dreams that tend to be "results-oriented" (for lack of a better term) in working through issues. I have had dreams about old friends that I needed to reach out to, anxiety-inducing situations where I was able to overcome the anxiety in the dream, and other magical side missions. Vivid dreaming was one of my first fascinations with Kava, and to this day Kava still produces great inward, healing journeys. It is, I believe, one of its strong spiritual properties, not unlike other traditional medicines/psychoactives that produce "vision quests."

Any recommendations on other "dream strains?"

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
The new Nakamal at Home batch of "Solomon Kava" is a dream booster. Most Kavas cause vivid dreaming, but this particular strain takes it to a whole new level for me. I have been having long, detailed, very vivid dreams that tend to be "results-oriented" (for lack of a better term) in working through issues. I have had dreams about old friends that I needed to reach out to, anxiety-inducing situations where I was able to overcome the anxiety in the dream, and other magical side missions. Vivid dreaming was one of my first fascinations with Kava, and to this day Kava still produces great inward, healing journeys. It is, I believe, one of its strong spiritual properties, not unlike other traditional medicines/psychoactives that produce "vision quests."

I don't have any recommendations, as I have only tried every kava that you've tried so far. I will surely break into N@H's Solomon next, though! However, I did want to tell my own quick journey with kava and dreams. Before kava, I rarely remember dreams. I mean, not one dream. If I did, then it was a nightmare type dream with a tormenting or bad memory (ie, my sick grandmother alive again and in agony, etc.). Last night, I had the most peaceful dream! Yesterday, I enjoyed a "mongrel grog" all day, from my frozen makas. I have no idea what the combo was but (I could guess but never exact ratios or even exact kavas due to how much I have frozen, rotating oldest out first), man, my husband was happy and I was happy in this dream. Usually, I have dreams of divorce (even though, this is just a fear of mine, not really hapening or even close) or family members turning on me, staring, making fun of me, etc. Like, the worst you could think of, as far as having zero support in life. Anyway, again, those are few and far between but I only remember those types of dreams...until kava. Vivid. Very vivid and easy to remember. Yes, they go on forever and not a bit is lost (at least, it feels this way). So, I am out to try more like this as well. Working through that, I woke with a comfort of unity with my family and in a happy, content mood this morning. Kava is amazing in mind, body and soul... I'm interested in what others have to say as well.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I don't have any recommendations, as I have only tried every kava that you've tried so far. I will surely break into N@H's Solomon next, though! However, I did want to tell my own quick journey with kava and dreams. Before kava, I rarely remember dreams. I mean, not one dream. If I did, then it was a nightmare type dream with a tormenting or bad memory (ie, my sick grandmother alive again and in agony, etc.). Last night, I had the most peaceful dream! Yesterday, I enjoyed a "mongrel grog" all day, from my frozen makas. I have no idea what the combo was but (I could guess but never exact ratios or even exact kavas due to how much I have frozen, rotating oldest out first), man, my husband was happy and I was happy in this dream. Usually, I have dreams of divorce (even though, this is just a fear of mine, not really hapening or even close) or family members turning on me, staring, making fun of me, etc. Like, the worst you could think of, as far as having zero support in life. Anyway, again, those are few and far between but I only remember those types of dreams...until kava. Vivid. Very vivid and easy to remember. Yes, they go on forever and not a bit is lost (at least, it feels this way). So, I am out to try more like this as well. Working through that, I woke with a comfort of unity with my family and in a happy, content mood this morning. Kava is amazing in mind, body and soul... I'm interested in what others have to say as well.
your post makes me happy. Or well, I was happy already. It makes me happy-er.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Marangmarang was one of my favorite dreaming kavas.
I wish I could try the old, the legendary, the infamous Pouni Ono. The current stuff is very nice but I gather it is not really comparable to the legend.

I think mostly dream kavas would be kavas I never heard of, something from somebody's sister-in-laws uncles patch on one of the hard to find islands.... Or even just a good variety of Fijian kavas you can't get here. And some of the more notorious Vanuatu lavas like from Pentecost, and of course, anything from Ambae that people have in the back of their pantry and forgot about.....

Kavadanpirate

Daniel21Hyatt

The kula that bula kava house had done that to me. They're sold out right now though. Also the samoan ava that kwk has.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I wish I could try the old, the legendary, the infamous Pouni Ono. The current stuff is very nice but I gather it is not really comparable to the legend.

I think mostly dream kavas would be kavas I never heard of, something from somebody's sister-in-laws uncles patch on one of the hard to find islands.... Or even just a good variety of Fijian kavas you can't get here. And some of the more notorious Vanuatu lavas like from Pentecost, and of course, anything from Ambae that people have in the back of their pantry and forgot about.....
Hard to find islands for me: Epi (Kelai), Tongoa (Puariki) or anywhere in Torba province (Ge Wiswiket).

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
One of the Hawaiian strains was actually nicknamed an English variant of "Dreamweaver", and I think it might have been Papa Kea? Chris could correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

As far as what's actually induced dreams, anything high in Yangonin gives me really really strange dreams.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Look at you high class people with "dreams". :)

Seriously though, I only have time to dream on the weekends, and strangely enough I only have one. It's always and only the beach. Maybe a little variation in scenes, but always the topic of the beach/ocean. I blame kava for this entirely.
Man, that's crazy. I don't think I've ever dreamed of a beach/ocean.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I'm jelly lol.
My dreams are all over the place but oddly almost never nature based. I was on a mountain last night but in the thicket and not in any spacious or enjoyable manner

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
One of the Hawaiian strains was actually nicknamed an English variant of "Dreamweaver", and I think it might have been Papa Kea? Chris could correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

As far as what's actually induced dreams, anything high in Yangonin gives me really really strange dreams.
I think you're referring to Hanakapi'ai - I've run into a few locals in Hawaii who refer to it as the "dreamweaver" and I can personally attest to it as well. Vivid dreams so much so that when you wake up it takes a while to determine what was dream and what is reality.

Last edited: