What's new

Mo'i and the Aluball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone prep Mo'i medium grind in the Aluball? I feel like I'm not having much luck with this one prepped this way. I use hot water (hottest that comes out the tap) and shake for a min.

BGLV1981

I am.having same issue with this batch I got week or so ago. In aluball I get almost no effect and can barely taste. The Moi not strong tasting ever but this batch I have to blend then strain to notice any effect. I usually love the uplift of this one but for some reason am not getting quite the punch I normally do. Try the blender to at least get most out of it. Hope this helps a bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Does anyone prep Mo'i medium grind in the Aluball? I feel like I'm not having much luck with this one prepped this way. I use hot water (hottest that comes out the tap) and shake for a min.
In general I find that GHK's medium grind kava is not as finely ground as others. This tends to make it not work quite as well in the aluball.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
In general I find that GHK's medium grind kava is not as finely ground as others. This tends to make it not work quite as well in the aluball.
This is good to know! I know when I used a batch of kava from GHK in a coffee/spice grinder and then used it in an Aluball, I had noticeably improved effects. But GHK is great in traditional prep.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This is good to know! I know when I used a batch of kava from GHK in a coffee/spice grinder and then used it in an Aluball, I had noticeably improved effects. But GHK is great in traditional prep.
Agreed 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.