What's new

Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
So I have read about kava dreams on these forums and I have noticed vivid dreams here and there myself. But last night was a doozy. Had a rather strong session of squanch followed by supreme. Fairly typical for me, though I had a bit more than normal.

But the dreams last night - fairly vivid and weird as dreams always are. But intense. I mean intense in feeling more than imagery and it has stuck with me through the day and kept me in something of a mood. The dreams were not good or bad, but something about the feeling that I haven’t been able to shake and at this point would really like to. Kind of a melancholy hangover.

Not sure what to make of it, but thought I’d throw it out there since I know the dreams are a common thing here.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I seldom have vivid dreams that I remember but I have had a tendency lately to drink obscene amounts of kava. I otherwise have the occasional memorable dream, most of the time its a clusterfuck of stuff that either stress me out or makes me Supremely happy..

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Maybe it was just too much kava for your system at the moment! Halloween night I had a light amount of kava and had some really pleasant dreams of dead ancestors visiting me and giving me hugs. I don't normally remember dreams and that night's dreams are sort of a blur...but it still made an impact on me.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I've always noticed that the heavier the kava the more intense my dream sessions are. It's been a while since I've experienced it but at times I would feel a strange mental fatigue after waking up as if my mind was too active during the dreams. Overall it's a side effect I really like. I've found a lot of herbs increase dream clarity and recall and one of the good things about kava is that it seems to generate nightmares less frequently than others. The rare times I do get a kava nightmare, though, it's bad.

yankie_073

seems that someone overdosed with kava, beware next time since acting like this can possibly cause sleep disorders in the long-term taking kava

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
seems that someone overdosed with kava, beware next time since acting like this can possibly cause sleep disorders in the long-term taking kava
@yankie_073 Where did you get this information about overdosing kava can cause sleep disorders as an long term effect? Or is it your own reasoning? I can't find much information nor scientific evidence concerning the long term effects of kava since there isn't a very large body of studies investigating kava. Aside from nausea/throwing up, overdosing kava seems to (based on personal reports I've read here on KF) mostly result in bad sleep in the day/night the overdosing is occurring or the following 24 hours (i.e. an acute effect, not even a short term effect). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Genuinely interested since my understanding is that kava generally, when consumed in an appropriate dose, helps with (and is in some countries used to treat) sleep disorders rather than causing them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.