What's new

Kava Lapita

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I'd say it's on par with Kavafied's other kavas, ground to a soft powder, very strong, good for talking but doesn't give you that weird bite of overstimulation that some talkative kavas do. And it'll knock you out after a few batches.
I’m almost on my arse after a few shells today! Much stronger effect than yesterday. There could be many variables in this scenario. I’m calling it quits after this cup is gone. Gotta love when kava takes you by surprise!

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I’m almost on my arse after a few shells today! Much stronger effect than yesterday. There could be many variables in this scenario. I’m calling it quits after this cup is gone. Gotta love when kava takes you by surprise!
Me too, but at some degree :nailbiting:. It happen one time that I've been sooo knocked out, I was feeling kind of violated by the kava, sudently like a kaboum you're condemned to the bed, right now! LoL

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Me too, but at some degree :nailbiting:. It happen one time that I've been sooo knocked out, I was feeling kind of violated by the kava, sudently like a kaboum you're condemned to the bed, right now! LoL
Agreed! I would say that this kava's description of "dreamy" are valid! The first day, I didn't have much to report. Yesterday, this one crept up on me. I would advise not driving after a few shells of this and it seems to have longer effects that are sedating. By that I mean, it's more of a focused effect for the first hour or so. Then, after a meal or whatever and you're done drinking it for the day, you'll feel very relaxed until you decide to go to bed. Then, you sleep like a rock! At least, I did and I know I pushed it yesterday (ie, drank more than I needed). I mean, I was drinking (sipping, but still) Lapita from 3pm-7pm. I just use a small sports type bottle at home so that I can shake it up once in awhile. I also use a straw which can be dangerous in the amount of kava consumed. lol. Ok, not really dangerous but I drink more than I think since it's easier to drink through a straw. Anyway, I 100% agree with Matt at Kavafied's description of Lapita. Good stuff!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I have some Solomon in the cupboard from late 2013 that may be what you're referring to. Back then, though, true labeling was a bigger issue than it is now. I was calling out the blanket statements that can be confusing since they are only partially accurate. Solomon isn't a significant growing area and there isn't really anything unique (from our perspective) grown there but it isn't necessarily going to be bad.
Agreed completely. There's nothing inherently wrong with kava grown in Solo. If this new "Solomons" kava is clean borogu/melomelo, then it'll be fun to taste how it differs from the same cultivars grown in Vanuatu. Even Pentecost melomelo tastes different than the same cultivar grown on Ambae.

As some wise people have said, "you can't fake terroir." Yet more variety is totally a good thing. I'm stoked for more Solomons kava. Bae kava Solo i kam antap!

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Solomon Islands from nakamal at home used to be my favorite all time Kava. I ordered a lb of this off amazon cause I had some credit lying around. Will post my impressions!

truthornothing

Kava Curious
I tried it today. Blender method 4 tblsp to 32 oz of hot water and 1 tsp of sunflower lecithin. Felt the first shell. 1/3 heady 2/3 heavy and there seems to be different effects over time. It seems to be creeper kava. The effects seem to come on stronger after longer. I would not drive on this as it seems to affect motor skills more than some of the others

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I like the initial effects frim this kava, but the side effects ratio is too high for me compared to other heavy kavas. This one gives me the stomach load of 3 shells of heavy kava by the second shell and it has a lingering fatigue for me that isn't very enjoyable. I wanted to like this one but it is an odd bird.

truthornothing

Kava Curious
I like the initial effects frim this kava, but the side effects ratio is too high for me compared to other heavy kavas. This one gives me the stomach load of 3 shells of heavy kava by the second shell and it has a lingering fatigue for me that isn't very enjoyable. I wanted to like this one but it is an odd bird.
Yeah it feels like a tudei . Today I feel a bit off

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Yeah it feels like a tudei . Today I feel a bit off
Interesting, I had a good experience with this one. I thought it leaned on the heavier side but not as heavy as Supreme and I felt very good even after a heavy session during a stressful workday. It’s amazing how much our individual body chemistry can change the experience each person has with a kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.