What's new

Hi to all! First time drinking kava tonight and feel strong effect.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
This is my first post so, hi everyone.

Tonight I have tried traditional prep for the first time using KWKs Samoan Ava. I used 6-7 tbsp in about one liter or so of water with a bit of light cream added to increase lipid extraction. I drank the mixture of the course of the last hour and fifteen minutes in three portions and am experiencing a very noticable effect. After the first portion, a subtle yet very uplifting relaxation came over my mind. After about twenty minutes I consumed the second portion and experienced some body heaviness, and to my surprise, anxiety that was directly tied to several situations in my life. In a way I was glad to see that kava is not something that will numb me completely as this is not what I'm looking for. After the third portion, about 40 minutes later, I have begun to experience more pronounced heaviness in the body but also a deeper relaxation and alleviation of the previously mentioned anxieties. Overall I am very pleased with this as I have read about reverse tolerance and was prepared to spend more time before achieving such a pronounced effect. In any case I will be consuming more kava in the future.

Another interesting fact, I just so happened to have visited Samoa many years ago (I live in the northeastern United States) and remember them drinking kava while I was there, but did not partake as I was only twelve. This is why I ordered this particular strain to try as my first kava.

Anyways, this forum has been so full of information and I am very happy that it is here, and hope to connect with some of you in the future.

Sorry for rambling a bit, I really am feeling it more than expected.

Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Tonight I have tried traditional prep for the first time using KWKs Samoan Ava. I used 6-7 tbsp in about one liter or so of water with a bit of light cream added to increase lipid extraction. I drank the mixture of the course of the last hour and fifteen minutes in three portions and am experiencing a very noticable effect. After the first portion, a subtle yet very uplifting relaxation came over my mind. After about twenty minutes I consumed the second portion and experienced some body heaviness, and to my surprise, anxiety that was directly tied to several situations in my life. In a way I was glad to see that kava is not something that will numb me completely as this is not what I'm looking for. After the third portion, about 40 minutes later, I have begun to experience more pronounced heaviness in the body but also a deeper relaxation and alleviation of the previously mentioned anxieties. Overall I am very pleased with this as I have read about reverse tolerance and was prepared to spend more time before achieving such a pronounced effect. In any case I will be consuming more kava in the future.

Another interesting fact, I just so happened to have visited Samoa many years ago (I live in the northeastern United States) and remember them drinking kava while I was there, but did not partake as I was only twelve. This is why I ordered this particular strain to try as my first kava.

Anyways, this forum has been so full of information and I am very happy that it is here, and hope to connect with some of you in the future.

Bula!
Sounds like your off to a great start, glad you blew past RT, welcome aboard. :)

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Now I'm enjoying some KWK pouni ono this morning, and I don't know if it's the difference in strains, but I'm getting an even stronger effect. So far very glad I decided to try!

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Bula!
Welcome! Glad you got no RT and felt the power of good kava!

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Welcome to the Quiet Happy Party! This forum is an excellent group and has So much information! Bula!::chugger::