What's new

Powdered Kava Review Superior Fijian Kava Powder - 1/2lb

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Very clean tasting, mild flavor with a familiar cashew undertone. Very relaxing, I'm in the process of moving and it relaxed my mind enough to not stress about it. The body effect is not heavy, but was enough that my normally tense shoulders loosened up, quelled a light headache. I'd say this would be great for watching a movie with friends, or gathering around a fire and just talking. Didn't leave me sleepy, but did leave me very relaxed for up to an hour and a half, during which my arms and legs felt loose enough that I didn't particularly want to get things done as much as lounge around. I'd definitely order again. The value is more than decent, too. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews of this kava or vendor.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I'm curious about that Vanuatu, too. Their house one sounds good as it is I wonder how different they are. You're right about the price lol. It's something like a $10 difference and it looks like their house Vanuatu has a higher KL content. Not that that really means a ton, but it is interesting... Guess we should probably give both a try

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm curious about that Vanuatu, too. Their house one sounds good as it is I wonder how different they are. You're right about the price lol. It's something like a $10 difference and it looks like their house Vanuatu has a higher KL content. Not that that really means a ton, but it is interesting... Guess we should probably give both a try
I have learned not to pay attention to kl numbers. Some of the very best kavas I have had we're "low kavalactones" and I would hate to cheat myself out of good root.

Tried this today with my wife. Our first time drinking Kava. Definitely has the mouth & throat numbing. Overall very chill feeling. At one point I made a joke referencing the bowl of Kava we made that this was our "big bowl of not giving a f----". It did not relieve a mild headache I have been experiencing most of the day although at various points through the session I did not care I had one. Taste is very piney, almost like I would imagine Pine-Sol to taste. It's like drinking diluted Pine Sap. Flavor did not bother me much until towards the end of the session (we split a cup of Kava Powder to 4 cups of water with splash of almond milk). She enjoyed the flavor a lot less.

We both feel super chill. Not intoxicated. We even attempted to rehash an ongoing argument we have been trying to work though and all we did was just agree the entire time.

Will definitely be drinking Kava from now on.