What's new

Coming back to kava - Need suggestions!

Wanderlywagon

Kava Curious
It's been a couple of years since I consumed kava. I was a always a bit on the hard headed side, so I like potent strains that are on the heavy side.
Anyway, it looks like prices have close to doubled since I last bought!

I came across a cheap micro, or what appears to be a micro, though oddly they suggest straining it also?! Anyone know anything about this product/vendor?
https://www.purekava.com/product-page/premium-fijian-waka-kava

Can I get some suggestions for the best bang for buck kavas out there at the moment. Thanks!

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
Pure Kava isn't a company I ever see suggested on here, so if it we're me, I'd avoid. Kalm With Kava is a trustworthy, widely available kava that is great quality and their site is really informative on the different varieties they carry. I'd suggest starting with them! They have great micronized varieties.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Kava Vinaka is my current favorite, and Nakamal at Home a good back up. If I was rich, I'd buy out whatever The Kava Roots is selling at any given time :D

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I am perfectly content with either the Waka or Chief's Choice. Both are very strong. The Waka is a bit stronger, with the Chief's being a bit more euphoric. The Lawena is just decent. :D

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
I am perfectly content with either the Waka or Chief's Choice. Both are very strong. The Waka is a bit stronger, with the Chief's being a bit more euphoric. The Lawena is just decent. :D
hi which one of the kavas you drink would be most euphoric one im thinking possibly solomons from nakalahome thanks

Wanderlywagon

Kava Curious
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Cactus appear to be the cheapest vendor, especially when you factor in the 10% off for new orders. But pound for pound (dollar for dollar) will their root go as other suppliers? I'm a tight budget at the moment and looking for get max bang for the buck. I like kavas that are on the heavy side, that aren't completely lacking in heady effect also. I guess on the heavy side of balanced, if that makes sense!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Cactus appear to be the cheapest vendor, especially when you factor in the 10% off for new orders. But pound for pound (dollar for dollar) will their root go as other suppliers? I'm a tight budget at the moment and looking for get max bang for the buck. I like kavas that are on the heavy side, that aren't completely lacking in heady effect also. I guess on the heavy side of balanced, if that makes sense!
Cactus kava is quality root....it is weaker though if you're needing a stronger and heavier kava. Squanch is a stable strong brand.