What's new

Need a "go to"....

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
So as many of my recent posts revealed my go to for a long while was Kava Boy. It was a balanced Tongan with decent potency and a great price. After shipping my total was around 78 for two lbs. This kava filled a particular role. I could knead up a batch if I wanted but I would primarily toss and wash it. The grind was more like medium fine and lacked any large Woody chunks that other vendors medium grind contains. I was able to have that as my "go to" and supplement that with some heavier kavas that were more potent and expensive; I.e. GHK and Bula. Currently I love GHK for trad batches and Bula Nambawan for toss and wash. I need a replacement for the old stand by(read Kava Boy). It does not have to be Tongan but I need a decent everyday drinker for a guy on a budget. Also, I would like to be able to toss and wash so no branches in the bag.( Believe they are called makas?) KB makas were the consistency of straw. Flexible and easy to swallow as compared to GHK which I think might have punctured my colon! J/k. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Bula kava house. The first and only other batch i sampled was three years ago and had little black things in the bag. I was told it could be makas but it resembled volcanic stone particles. Anyway I see nothing like that in this batch. Kudos to BKH for a great product. Im feeling sexy off 2 tbls. Almost unheard of for me!

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
So I still haven't bought anything recently. Just drinking on my 11 year Waka. Might try some of the Vanuatu kavas from Kalm but I don't know. Just wish I could get two lbs of good stuff for around 80.00. Maybe there is hope?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
So I still haven't bought anything recently. Just drinking on my 11 year Waka. Might try some of the Vanuatu kavas from Kalm but I don't know. Just wish I could get two lbs of good stuff for around 80.00. Maybe there is hope?
Sometimes Gourmet Hawaiian Kava does flash sales. Keep an eye out for those, because that's the time to stock up. Last sale was a pound for $45