What's new

Kava Side Effects Different effects for different sessions

UmbrellaOps

Kava Curious
So I’m still pretty new to Kava. I’ve used kalm with Kava first, which I loved, then I bought kavafied’s supreme blend. I’ve noticed that with ‘Supreme’ each session each night feels very different. One night felt very calm and slightly more talkative. Then, the next night I took the same dose, using the alubottle again and I got very dizzy, feeling very unpleasant. Supreme seems heavy regardless of the sessions but I’m just curious if people get vastly different experiences from session to session.

Let me know what you guys think : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I’m still pretty new to Kava. I’ve used kalm with Kava first, which I loved, then I bought kavafied’s supreme blend. I’ve noticed that with ‘Supreme’ each session each night feels very different. One night felt very calm and slightly more talkative. Then, the next night I took the same dose, using the alubottle again and I got very dizzy, feeling very unpleasant. Supreme seems heavy regardless of the sessions but I’m just curious if people get vastly different experiences from session to session.

Yes it can vary quite a bit. There are a bunch of factors that could alter your experience from one day to the next, like your mood going into the session, how much you ate before, noises, distractions, etc. Once you figure out which strains work best for you, you can fine tune what times are also best for you. I think you'll find that overtime, results can become more predictable.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Kava will, as a rule, be fickle. If you were to eat the same exact amount of the same foods at the same time, and use the same amount of the same kava you did the night before....you're still likely to see variation. Your energy level plays a large role. Example: Today (Friday) is easily my most tired day, and kava will knock me for a loop tonight when I drink it. Come Monday night, totally different story and I catch myself thinking I should make a second batch.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah there is quite the variation in effects, but there are a lot of variables too. Amount of time spaced in between shells, water to kava ratio, and diet are your largest. But things like set and setting play an important role too. Having kava after a nice hike to the beach at sunset, when you are having a good day will feel different then consuming at your computer after a lazy day inside.

UmbrellaOps

Kava Curious
Thanks gentlemen. I really appreciate how active the forum is. Yeah I took a night off because I was so tired and didn’t want or need it. I think i just needed to “listen to the Kava” and recognize that it’s not to be used as an addictive agent for my life. I have plenty of those I have to keep under wraps and kava should be a moderately used beverage to aid with life’s uglier things. I’m learning.. I think

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks gentlemen. I really appreciate how active the forum is. Yeah I took a night off because I was so tired and didn’t want or need it. I think i just needed to “listen to the Kava” and recognize that it’s not to be used as an addictive agent for my life. I have plenty of those I have to keep under wraps and kava should be a moderately used beverage to aid with life’s uglier things. I’m learning.. I think

one thing that worked for me was simply to ask kava questions, like pour a shell and ask kava "do I really want or need this?" and kava, unlike alcohol, would respond to me with the truth. Not sure this would work for others but it totally works for me. You can ask kava a bunch of other questions, too. And then just listen. Sometimes kava won't even wait for you to ask, she'll be like "I know what you're gonna say and that's a really stupid idea. I can't stop you and won't, but this is a real bad idea." She also nags me to do tasks when I think of them instead of procrastinating.