What's new

Does Anybody here train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Kava Curious
I go to the gym 4x a week, just wondering if any of u kava imbibers train, and if you believe it has an effect be it positive or negative.
This could go for any training or physical activity I guess, all opinion welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I try to lift 4x a week to
Been doing so for 2.5 years
Making some gainz

I think it depends when you have your kava, bc I don't have kava if I'm going to the gym soon bc too much muscle relaxation won't be a good thing

But if u work out during the day then it could help you recover at night

But I don't do that so I would say negative effect for me

Reactions: Jay

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
It has both it's pros and cons in my opinion. I'm into lifting weights and while Kava is terrific for muscle soreness after an intense workout, it also has a strong appetite suppressant effect (may just be me) that makes it difficult to consume my daily calories while on a bulk.

In that sense I could see Kava having positive properties for someone trying to cut, or lose weight.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
4x a week. Helps with muscle soreness, doesn't affect my training otherwise in my experience.

Jay

Kava Curious
Also. Am I the only who gets an appetite increase after it?? Food tastes amazing as well.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
Also. Am I the only who gets an appetite increase after it?? Food tastes amazing as well.
I know some folks here like to eat a hot meal after a Kava session as it seems to add a little boost to the effects. I've tried it a few times and it does work but eating after kava generally gives me significant nausea. Everybody is different though.

kavalover

Outsider
I like to hike... I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but I'll hike/jog around the trails here a good 2 - 3 hours a day. Usually in the morning, which is waking up after my nightly kava session. With kava I tend to wake up feeling energized and "Fresh" so lethargy or fatigue isn't an issue after I've eaten a good breakfast. I wouldn't dream of drinking kava while doing something as intensive as hiking though.

Nope you are not alone, I love to eat after kava. I have to be careful though, too much food will diminish effects and bring on nausea.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
No negative effects? Lethargy or anything ?
None whatsoever. I do only drink kava after I'm done, if you drink kava first thing in the morning and then lift in the afternoon I could see that maybe effecting it.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
I've been running five or six times a week for many, many years now. Unless I've really overdone it the night before (in which case I'm simply too exhausted to run), I've never noticed any effect.

There've been a few times when I've run, like, an hour-and-a-half after drinking. Not as bad as you'd imagine, but I wouldn't recommend it.

P

pitshack

I train following a powerlifting regimen. There have been a few times when I went a little too heavy on the kava the night before and then trained the next day. My lifts were absolutely pitiful. The bar on my back would feel like it weighed a ton. Everything felt heavier. Also, like some of the others wrote, I find that kava inhibits my appetite a bit.

So for me, kava can definetly affect my training negatively if I let it, which I don't.;)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I bicycle (commute) 20-40 miles a week. Sometimes, I do various other endurance type things. Nothing major thought.

D

Deleted User01

I don't train or run anymore. Too many aching joints and bones at my age. I have no problem power walking with my wife within hours of drinking Kava. There have been a few studies that show that an athlete's performance is diminished the day after ingesting Kava. I think that is what Pitshack experienced. So to answer the first question, it appears that it would have a negative effect on your workouts. If you were a professional athlete during your season, you probably shouldn't be doing Kava or any other drugs for that matter.

One more thing, based on my experience driving after doing Kava, I would highly recommend that you don't bike in traffic under the influence of Kava. You are in mellow state of mind and everyone else around you is driving like a rabid dog chasing the mailman.

Jay

Kava Curious
Cheers for the replies, I wasn't planning on training while under the effects of kava, just wondered if there is a chance it would make md lazy lol. Silly I guess.

Crunked

Proselytizer
I use it as an incentive. I train in the late afternoon so I know NO KAVA until I finish my workout. It's a great motivator. :)

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
I have been drinking Kava almost nightly for close to 2 years and haven't noticed a problem. Timing is definitely the most important factor. I generally work out in the evening so I am training roughly 18-20 hours after drinking Kava. I want to lose a little fat but here's a recent picture.

Attachments

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
I am pretty active but don't use kava for any type of training regimen or muscle soreness. I use it more for "mental training" and stress reduction. I trail run a lot and also workout 5x a week.

C

c.kellam.c

i realize this post is kind of old, but i just found this site; so there ya go...anyway; i lift three to four times a week and boulder on top of that and kava has been great for helping me unwind at night as well as get amazingly deep sleep after dealing with mild insomnia for pretty much my whole life...my recovery ability has greatly increased due to the sleep and kava has no affect on my appetite, so thats a plus...also; i wake up completely energized and ready to go after a night of kava...i work a physical job 7-9 hours a day, five days a week, so its often hard to find the energy after a day of work to go to the gym and spend the better part of an hour intensely lifting heavy weights; but my energy levels have stayed up due, i think, to the actual deep, restful sleep i have been getting lately...

so; its a plus for me

D

Deactivated Account

I only recently stopped cycling as a commute, 12 miles/day. Relocated now. Did it for years & loved it. Nothing better at 4am slicing through the suburbs quiet streets in silence sharing it only with the cats & possums.

Im a twice weekly gym goer, have been for 30 odd years. I'm 50 so use it or lose it I believe. I'm ex mil also so ive never really lost that noise in my head to exercise.

As for kava, it's purely 100% for relaxation with me & nothing more. Most fun you can have with your pants on I reckon.

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Kava has a marked effect on stiff muscles and associated afflictions, though it's not a good idea to have a session of heavy kava drinking and strenuous physical activity in rapid succession. It generally leads to vomiting in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.