What's new

KrunkieSseur...anyone?

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
So the day I discovered the kavasseur....he quit....hung up his shell (although I believe he said he still drinks kava) and moved on to new endeavors. This created a vacuum I am trying to fill with a go to guy or girl on kava reviews and opinions on the current state of kava.

After reading many of his posts I personally believe Krunkie Mcrunkface would be great in this position but he obviously has a lot going on to which I wish him all the best of health.

I recognize this forum as a community fulfills most of needs to kava drinkers but is there one person out there that I missing that kinda does what the kavasuer did?

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
Bias is definitely a problem but it also impossible to eliminate. That being said I know what you mean about multiple opinions and agree that can help.

The problem with a revolving door of reviewers in my opinion is background. For instance I am pretty new to kava and tried very few root varieties and have minimal knowledge. If I were to post a review.. how would the viewer know my opinion has little value compared to a seasoned kava drinker? My review would be pretty much wasting their time even worse they might make a purchase or not based on it.

A established "personality" would have a history and a background to help a viewer gauge what value they choose put into this person as a reviewer.

In any event if they do make a video reviewer sub forum here I definitely would watch with interest.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So the day I discovered the kavasseur....he quit....hung up his shell (although I believe he said he still drinks kava) and moved on to new endeavors. This created a vacuum I am trying to fill with a go to guy or girl on kava reviews and opinions on the current state of kava.

After reading many of his posts I personally believe Krunkie Mcrunkface would be great in this position but he obviously has a lot going on to which I wish him all the best of health.

I recognize this forum as a community fulfills most of needs to kava drinkers but is there one person out there that I missing that kinda does what the kavasuer did?
fofonyi Kudjo mssr Kavasseur is sui generis, and in a very good way. No one could replace him, not even himself, not even JCVD.

Thanks for the kind words though, and I think it’s great that many others around here have been able to post video reviews, and those folks have really helped me a lot.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Bias is definitely a problem but it also impossible to eliminate. That being said I know what you mean about multiple opinions and agree that can help.

The problem with a revolving door of reviewers in my opinion is background. For instance I am pretty new to kava and tried very few root varieties and have minimal knowledge. If I were to post a review.. how would the viewer know my opinion has little value compared to a seasoned kava drinker? My review would be pretty much wasting their time even worse they might make a purchase or not based on it.

A established "personality" would have a history and a background to help a viewer gauge what value they choose put into this person as a reviewer.

In any event if they do make a video reviewer sub forum here I definitely would watch with interest.
Only reason there isn’t a buttload more reviews from me is every dang time I go to review something I find Shakas has already said everything I would have only better. He likes his grog a bit stronger than I do but we respond to various kavas the same way and he writes better.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
What I would love is a kava podcast. I know Kava Flow was pretty cool but I guess it's been dropped. I googled fairly deeply and could not find any podcast that featured discussion of kava history, culture, (western and island), interviews, product reviews, and other news in the kava world. All this could be done excellently if it was recorded by very chill likable personalities and maybe kava sessions during airtime.

Also, a podcast where people of non-kava note or celebrity come on the show and try kava on air while chatting about whatever they like. Especially cool if you could get athletes on to try it and ask them if they think it could help them with pain relief etc. If anyone watches "hot ones" where they eat spicy wings maybe a little bit like that but way more laid back and maybe a little less celebrity oriented. It would be really interesting but I do worry that something like this might spread the word of kava TOO far and we could see worse shortages and inferior product flood the market more than they already do. But as long as they werent massively popular celebs or sports players, the consequences would likely be minor.

It reeally doess surprise me though that I cant even find 2 or 3 kava podcasts in the whole web... We know there are lots of kava drinkers in the west now and podcasts are extremely popular. All I could find was a coujple of podcasts that were about anxiety or natural living that had an episode about "kava kava" and of course they were super alien to the culture and industry. I listened to 5 minutes of one and they said "It is unlikely that you will be able to find the root anywhere outside of the islands, but the extract is much more effective anyway." oh jeez... There is also a podcast made by a kava bar3 called "Sex on Kava" but from what I skimmed through, it's more emphasis on the sex part, with little interest in kava, with none of it going into intellectual territory. The first one I clicked was just a bunch of really crude sex jokes with no kava lol.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
The many people doing videos or a person doing a podcast are food for thought. I'm speculating one would want a video or podcast to be nicely done in a way that is easy to absorb the information. I think it would possibly be difficult for multiple people to learn how to do the videos. They would need to have a real interest in learning how to make videos and edit them most likely. Same goes for any podcast.

I do like the idea of just having more content in general. I like KrunkieMcKrunkface's videos and Edward had some up for awhile but then had to take them down due to the legal system in his country. @Edward 's included reviews which were fun!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
A giant shell descended from the cosmos - those that guided the argonauts of the Pacific - full of Waka and Lawena.

"Come inside," requested the Kava gods. The ancient Melanesians who domesticated the wild methysticum gave their final blessings, and Kavasseur entered the shell.

The Kavasseur removed his invisible corona, handed his Tanoa to Senor Chuggs, and submerged himself in the Awa.

It is true, what McKrunkface says, that the Kavasseur can and never will replace himself. He has left my body, left my physical manifestation. Neither the desire nor the will - nor even the mandate - exist anymore.

The journey was smooth, and then rough. and then very rough, and then smooth, and then very smooth - and then over.

Blessings to all who wish to blog about the Root. Just make sure it gets the respect it deserves :)

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
Only reason there isn’t a buttload more reviews from me is every dang time I go to review something I find Shakas has already said everything I would have only better. He likes his grog a bit stronger than I do but we respond to various kavas the same way and he writes better.
As a new kava drinker any insight into the world of kava you can provide is greatly appreciated and thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye out for Shakas posts.

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
The many people doing videos or a person doing a podcast are food for thought. I'm speculating one would want a video or podcast to be nicely done in a way that is easy to absorb the information. I think it would possibly be difficult for multiple people to learn how to do the videos. They would need to have a real interest in learning how to make videos and edit them most likely. Same goes for any podcast.

I do like the idea of just having more content in general. I like KrunkieMcKrunkface's videos and Edward had some up for awhile but then had to take them down due to the legal system in his country. @Edward 's included reviews which were fun!
I also think if someone makes a "name" for themselves and has a following they will be more inclined to make regular posts and reviews. That person will more likely put the effort into making it interesting and polished as you said.

In addition to reviews it would also be interesting to hear opinions on the current state of kava and the culture. Things like insights on what is effecting growers...laws...pro and cons of increased popularity...traditions.. stuff like that.

With out a doubt all this would take a lot of time and effort which very few of people can provide but it's something I think there is an audience for.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I'm all for new Kava personalities/bloggers emerging. I'd personally love to follow a Kava blog - much more than I'd want to run one again ::giveup2::

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
I'm all for new Kava personalities/bloggers emerging. I'd personally love to follow a Kava blog - much more than I'd want to run one again ::giveup2::
I have little knowledge on blogging or running a website which i personally do not have an interest in but out curiosity is it cost prohibitive or is the largest investment your own precious time?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Both cost prohibitive and a huge time investment.

Also, a lot of people making crazy assumptions about how much you do or don't benefit. Do you get Kava samples? Sometimes. But you end up buying a lot of Kava, spending hours making videos and writing, responding to emails from people with genuine and often serious questions, and dealing with accusations of bias or corruption.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
What I would love is a kava podcast. I know Kava Flow was pretty cool but I guess it's been dropped. I googled fairly deeply and could not find any podcast that featured discussion of kava history, culture, (western and island), interviews, product reviews, and other news in the kava world. All this could be done excellently if it was recorded by very chill likable personalities and maybe kava sessions during airtime.

Also, a podcast where people of non-kava note or celebrity come on the show and try kava on air while chatting about whatever they like. Especially cool if you could get athletes on to try it and ask them if they think it could help them with pain relief etc. If anyone watches "hot ones" where they eat spicy wings maybe a little bit like that but way more laid back and maybe a little less celebrity oriented. It would be really interesting but I do worry that something like this might spread the word of kava TOO far and we could see worse shortages and inferior product flood the market more than they already do. But as long as they werent massively popular celebs or sports players, the consequences would likely be minor.

It reeally doess surprise me though that I cant even find 2 or 3 kava podcasts in the whole web... We know there are lots of kava drinkers in the west now and podcasts are extremely popular. All I could find was a coujple of podcasts that were about anxiety or natural living that had an episode about "kava kava" and of course they were super alien to the culture and industry. I listened to 5 minutes of one and they said "It is unlikely that you will be able to find the root anywhere outside of the islands, but the extract is much more effective anyway." oh jeez... There is also a podcast made by a kava bar3 called "Sex on Kava" but from what I skimmed through, it's more emphasis on the sex part, with little interest in kava, with none of it going into intellectual territory. The first one I clicked was just a bunch of really crude sex jokes with no kava lol.

I would be very open to doing something like this. Although to invite people a place to do would be needed unless it is via webcams

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm all for new Kava personalities/bloggers emerging. I'd personally love to follow a Kava blog - much more than I'd want to run one
A giant shell descended from the cosmos - those that guided the argonauts of the Pacific - full of Waka and Lawena.

"Come inside," requested the Kava gods. The ancient Melanesians who domesticated the wild methysticum gave their final blessings, and Kavasseur entered the shell.

The Kavasseur removed his invisible corona, handed his Tanoa to Senor Chuggs, and submerged himself in the Awa.

It is true, what McKrunkface says, that the Kavasseur can and never will replace himself. He has left my body, left my physical manifestation. Neither the desire nor the will - nor even the mandate - exist anymore.

The journey was smooth, and then rough. and then very rough, and then smooth, and then very smooth - and then over.

Blessings to all who wish to blog about the Root. Just make sure it gets the respect it deserves :)
sea never dry

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Both cost prohibitive and a huge time investment.

Also, a lot of people making crazy assumptions about how much you do or don't benefit. Do you get Kava samples? Sometimes. But you end up buying a lot of Kava, spending hours making videos and writing, responding to emails from people with genuine and often serious questions, and dealing with accusations of bias or corruption.
You are so right. The kava community doesn't always recognize the hard work that people put into websites and videos. Also, the hard work put into growing and processing kava.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
You are so right. The kava community doesn't always recognize the hard work that people put into websites and videos. Also, the hard work put into growing and processing kava.
If making videos was easy, I'd probably do it. Making a quality delivery of a video's message is very hard. I am not terribly familiar with Kavasseur's work, but I hear he filled a niche over the years. In addition to his current endeavors taking up more time exceeding what would be needed to keep his previous project going, he also stopped because he felt that the task he set out to do was finished. Kava's in a better place than when he started.

Even if Kavasseur could be replaced, no one has made the attempt yet. Then again, I live under a rock in more ways than one. There could be similar quality, kava-related content already available and I'm just not aware.

C'mon, guys! Get to work. MAKE THE ROOT ENTERTAIN ME.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'd be more than happy to have a forum dedicated to video reviewers where members can post their reviews. I need to get back into the grove because I've finally got my hands on fiber internet at home.