What's new

Days off?

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
The last two months or so have been epic. Haven’t touched booze where I would normally have 2-3 drinks a day. Lost 15 pounds of useless fat. I have more energy and am a happier person.

With the stoic mind-over-matter control of a Shao-Lin monk I chugged down about a cup of dry root a day through the Alu Ball.

However I now have the leathery hands of an 80 year old alligator wrangler. My skin is so dry it is litterally blowing off me. And the dreaded gout. I dried myself out so hard that pee has litlerally crystallized in my big toe .

So you sages of kava, who must chuckle at the over exuberance and excesses of us relative newcomers, a question for you:

Do you krunk every day or take days off?

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I drink every evening until I feel the beginning stages of mummification coming on, then stop or reduce for a couple of days to let my body recover. Lots of water and good food.

With a good strainer this can be a couple of months without stopping - but a few years ago when I had a period not straining as well as I could have I would only get a run of about 10 days before the watery eyes and parchment skin. Good straining is the key

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
"until I feel the beginning stages of mummification coming on" :D
I average one day a week off, maybe less some weeks! I should probably take more nights off if only for the dermo. Have left booze way in the past, kava seem superior in so many ways.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The last two months or so have been epic. Haven’t touched booze where I would normally have 2-3 drinks a day. Lost 15 pounds of useless fat. I have more energy and am a happier person.

With the stoic mind-over-matter control of a Shao-Lin monk I chugged down about a cup of dry root a day through the Alu Ball.

However I now have the leathery hands of an 80 year old alligator wrangler. My skin is so dry it is litterally blowing off me. And the dreaded gout. I dried myself out so hard that pee has litlerally crystallized in my big toe .

So you sages of kava, who must chuckle at the over exuberance and excesses of us relative newcomers, a question for you:

Do you krunk every day or take days off?
CBD hemp flower fixed my gouty toes , to my great relief. Ymmv, of course, but I believe it’s worth a try. Easy enough to find all the info you need by googling

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drink every evening until I feel the beginning stages of mummification coming on, then stop or reduce for a couple of days to let my body recover. Lots of water and good food.

With a good strainer this can be a couple of months without stopping - but a few years ago when I had a period not straining as well as I could have I would only get a run of about 10 days before the watery eyes and parchment skin. Good straining is the key

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I agree. I believe whatever causes that problem is found on the hard white central “makas “ part of the waka roots, and in most any part of lawena stumps. Avoid ingesting that and you are good to go, IME. So no or only rarely toss n wash. Good strainage. And what really crossed me over the Rubicon to no dermo land was using a bombilla.

KavaCat

Meow.
I can't do more than three days in a row. Might have done four a couple times, but I'm particularly sensitive to dehydration for whatever reason. I feel it before I think other people normally would. Alternate days was much better for me, because while I never drank tudei, there's still a little soft "glow" for me the day after kava. If you've kicked your alcohol habit, you might try that. Or go easier. Grab some kava candies and just take the edge off some days instead of putting back so much root.