What's new

Changes...

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hi fellow kava lovers. As many of you have probably noticed, we've been pretty short on options recently. Much of this has to do with kava availability and bad timing. Nature of the business. Also though, we've started a transition to a new packaging and order fulfilling system and are getting something of a clean break from the way we used to do things. That transition goes into effect today so look for an exciting email tomorrow with a nice introductory discount, if you're on our list. Over the next couple weeks you'll see many of your favorites restocked. Best way to make sure you know about those is to ask to be alerted when your desired product is back in stock. You can do this by going to the page of the product and following the prompts.

Exactly what we're doing with this change is kind of "inside baseball" and not too interesting to customers, for the most part. The result is very exciting though. We'll be able to guarantee 2 or 3 day shipping to almost the entire country. I think there's a slice of Montana that will be 4 day. F you, Amazon!

Thanks for your patience everyone.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
> Inside Baseball

I could never get into that sport until I tried watching some games with my grandpa. He was a lifelong fan. Even used to play shortstop on a traveling exhibition team while he was in the army. He always made baseball fun. Just mute the TV or go down to the Legion, grab some pretzels, and let old Pop-pop make baseball interesting.

Anyhow, I hope your new plans are super successful!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
> Inside Baseball

I could never get into that sport until I tried watching some games with my grandpa. He was a lifelong fan. Even used to play shortstop on a traveling exhibition team while he was in the army. He always made baseball fun. Just mute the TV or go down to the Legion, grab some pretzels, and let old Pop-pop make baseball interesting.

Anyhow, I hope your new plans are super successful!
OT: >Inside Tour de France
I had the same experience with the TdF. I enjoyed biking immensely but never understood watching it on TV. It can seem quite boring, much like baseball. Then one year, during the summer when I took off 6 weeks from work to care for my premie twins, I had nothing to do during the early morning when it was on. I watched the TdF and started to really understand all of the jerseys and all of the team strategies (it also helped that this was when Lance was juiced and kicking ass) that it became awesome. I still try and catch it every year, and my wife gives me this look like I am nuts to watch an 2 hr bike race on TV every night....she may not be wrong.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I had the same experience with the TdF. I enjoyed biking immensely but never understood watching it on TV. It can seem quite boring, much like baseball. Then one year, during the summer when I took off 6 weeks from work to care for my premie twins, I had nothing to do during the early morning when it was on. I watched the TdF and started to really understand all of the jerseys and all of the team strategies (it also helped that this was when Lance was juiced and kicking ass) that it became awesome. I still try and catch it every year, and my wife gives me this look like I am nuts to watch an 2 hr bike race on TV every night....she may not be wrong.
I love watching the Tour. I race bikes though so it makes sense probably. I still realize it's boring for most other people.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I see everything but paste is sold out now.. Really hoping to see a return of the great quality Kula you guys had for such a brief time.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I don't know how in-progress your new strainer bags are but the one I got from you, I finally got to try it out the other day. It works great! I need to get some rubber bands to secure it. I tried doing a knot and I tried considerably harder to undo the knot when it was time to put the spent root powder in the freezer. If your current strainer bags are good, I look forward to seeing how you improve them! Or at least how the people you buy these bags from improve them.

DonL

Kava Curious
I can't wait! The 11 year waka micro is the ONLY micro kava that works for me. And I tried many including GHK. No knock on any
other sellers, just saying what works for me personally.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
The whole peloton was juicing just as hard as Lance was. I am deeply dissappointed that he lied about it, though the achievement still stands in my opinion.

These days I'm mostly returned to my roots: BMX. I will be a cat-4-ever but at least I can go off some sweet jumps. And BMX'ers don't need performance enhancement. Well, maybe a little kava after you eat it...

Last edited:
I don't know how in-progress your new strainer bags are but the one I got from you, I finally got to try it out the other day. It works great! I need to get some rubber bands to secure it. I tried doing a knot and I tried considerably harder to undo the knot when it was time to put the spent root powder in the freezer. If your current strainer bags are good, I look forward to seeing how you improve them! Or at least how the people you buy these bags from improve them.
Hello! I am new and curious, why do you put the spent root in the freezer? I haven't done that before...

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Hello! I am new and curious, why do you put the spent root in the freezer? I haven't done that before...
Some folks try to squeeze every penny out of their medium grind kava by putting previously-used root in the freezer. Once you get medium grind wet, it loses shelf life, so you have to freeze it if you want to use it again. Some people will knead it again, others may throw it in a blender to break it into pieces and mix that in with virgin grind and fresh water to add what remaining kavalactones are in the old grind into the new batch. If you don't care enough, freezing your grind is optional. I re-use my grind once for a 2nd wash but after that, I normally discard mine since freezer space is at a premium lately.

Some folks try to squeeze every penny out of their medium grind kava by putting previously-used root in the freezer. Once you get medium grind wet, it loses shelf life, so you have to freeze it if you want to use it again. Some people will knead it again, others may throw it in a blender to break it into pieces and mix that in with virgin grind and fresh water to add what remaining kavalactones are in the old grind into the new batch. If you don't care enough, freezing your grind is optional. I re-use my grind once for a 2nd wash but after that, I normally discard mine since freezer space is at a premium lately.
ah cool i will try that next time, why not! kind of like a buy 2 get the 3rd free deal, sort of... thank you!