What's new

Best kava type for PTSD?!

Avaan

Best kava type for chronic PTSD?!
Hi there, I am looking for KAVA that will help with PTSD symptoms (like anxiety and mood swings) so I can socialize with others more as well as be calm enough to sleep. Does this mean I should get two different forms of it as I know some types (like heady) are more energizing and euphoric and others are more calming and sleep inducing. I am also interested in a form that will give a high similar to alcohol.

Also, of the three options "1. Instant Kava 2. Micronized Kava

3. Medium Grind Kava" which is the better option? It would be more convenient to have a type of kava that all I have to do is mix with a drink but I also want a high quality form of kava that will give me the best effects mentally and physically for my PTSD symptoms.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
They are mostly or perhaps all of them, helpful for that condition, so it can't hurt to try any of them, until you find what's best for you.
The difference between Medium Grind vs. Instant or Micronized, is mainly price and convenience, and perhaps stomach issues.
Medium Grind costs the least, but takes more time to prepare.
So of course, the converse of that, is Instant and Micronized are more costly, but easier to prepare. And if I'm not mistaken, the latter 2 are less likely to cause stomach or dermo issues, although other factors contribute to that, as well.
I wish and hope the best for your healthy journey.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I use kava for PTSD and can say all of them help aside from the ones that are pure heady.
A balanced slightly more heady one like Squanch waka or Mahakea is good for socializing. Bula Kava house has some good heavies.
I always do medium grind so can't speak to the rest of it.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Instant is convenient but very spendy. I use instant kava mostly at work and seldom more than a cup a day. At home, I use medium grind. Besides the cost factor advantage, most vendors have a wide selection of kava varieties in medium grind compared to micronized and instant. Not to mention the good instants tend to sell out quickly. I have not had a micronized kava before.

Medium grind recommends (in no particular order): Kavafied Supreme, BHK Nambawan, KwK Loa Waka, GHK Honokane Iki, GHK Papa Kea
Instant recommends: BHK Instant, GHK Papa Ele Ele