What's new

Kava Preparation Make yourselves kava flakes

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
That's interesting, almost what I do with micro. I have a little glass bowl, add as much micro as I want, add just enough water to form it into a bowl, and also pop it under my tongue. Flakes or balls, it's good for topping of a kava experience. I often think about kava infused fatty food but then I remember the taste and I don't know exactly how I would get around that there.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Yeah he's cool and so straight up. Another real passionate kava diehard we are lucky to have.

I gather you have seen his interesting and fun youtube channel.
I haven't seen it, but I'm going to check it out later tonight. It's funny, that I have actually chewed on these "kava flakes" before after leaving a small jar next to the bed that I couldn't finish. I never thought of collecting them though for instant. That is pretty cool.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I haven't seen it, but I'm going to check it out later tonight. It's funny, that I have actually chewed on these "kava flakes" before after leaving a small jar next to the bed that I couldn't finish. I never thought of collecting them though for instant. That is pretty cool.
Yes I know people have adopted various methods to make their own instant kava.

I think Kavafied actually sell some utensils possibly for the very purpose, the entrepreneurs that they are. With a demonstration video to boot.

Def check out Krunkie's YT channel it's awsome and inspiring.

I will come back to you as well on the other subject, just roughing out a case of proper legit Flu currently. 8 days into what has always been a 6 week illness for me exactly.

Just drains all your energy, and life is already very slow at this end.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
There are a couple old threads lying around about making instant kava with various drying techniques. Dehydrators work but any thing where you can pour out a thin layer, heat up to speed up the drying process, and then able to scrape off will work. I poured some into a baking sheet with a silicon pad and put it in my oven and my smoker on low heat and was able to scrape it off nicely. I did it mostly for fun (like my ethanol extract and making it into a coconut oil), but it is kind of time consuming for little benefit when others make instants that are pretty darn good.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
There are a couple old threads lying around about making instant kava with various drying techniques. Dehydrators work but any thing where you can pour out a thin layer, heat up to speed up the drying process, and then able to scrape off will work. I poured some into a baking sheet with a silicon pad and put it in my oven and my smoker on low heat and was able to scrape it off nicely. I did it mostly for fun (like my ethanol extract and making it into a coconut oil), but it is kind of time consuming for little benefit when others make instants that are pretty darn good.
Hey that thread looks familiar! I had so much fun making that project. Too bad it took 6 hours to make a batch, lol.