What's new

Kava and Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
For those who do regular exercise, what is your habit with kava. Do you do a little before, a lot after, none before for so many hours or none after etc. etc.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
For those who do regular exercise, what is your habit with kava. Do you do a little before, a lot after, none before for so many hours or none after etc. etc.
No kava before exercise...it just doesn't work well, and I lose focus. My typical routine on days I workout is to get home in the evening, workout ~1hr with water and maybe some pre-workout drink, and then kava soon after but before dinner.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drink kava all day every day, so naturally that includes during exercise. The main thing you have to watch out for is don't have too much kava or too strong and make sure you are properly hydrated. I would avoid drinking much kava if it is very hot outside and you are exercising. If you do want to try it, start out small and add a little more at the next session and so on and so forth until you hit the sweet spot. I love kava with exercise. Candies are good with exercise, too.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I always drink when the day is done and I don't have much else to do and by the morning I'm ready to take on the day again. I tried once going for a walk on kava before but I didn't enjoy it at all, then again I make it strong too so I could imagine someone making lighter stuff and drink it throughout the day and be just fine. I've been out a couple hours later after my initial chug and that was fine but I still wouldn't show up at work or similar in that state where I need total concentration.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I exercise a lot, and I have found it best to consume kava afterwards. I tend to get pretty krunk though!
I enjoy going on leisurely walks after a kava though, just not the more strenuous exercise

KJ/P1X

Game Developer at P1X
I'm driving bike from and to work everyday. Doing kava after I got home. I once drank stronger batch at the end of work and then go bike. I drive home safely but I will never do this again. I feel it was not safe at all and I drive very slow. It also make this harder than normal. I need power at exercises not urge to lay down and chill ;)

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I actually do a shell or two of melomelo before, then eat a light lunch, and more kava after that. This counteracts my morning coffee habit, workout midafternoon, then drink as much as I want later afternoon. Again, everyone is so different and I can see how that wouldn't work for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.