What's new

Second time is the Charm! (Hopefully)

MichaelMcKava

Kava Curious
So the last time I had tried Kava I had two bad experiences due to ignorance, 1. I overdosed after continuing to take micronized Kava all throughout the night and the next day. 2. I experienced some kind of weird withdrawal from stopping the kava, but I have researched into it and Kava shouldn't cause withdrawal.. Interestingly enough, I was trying to quit smoking that time.. so I'm thinking it was just nicotine withdrawal.

So I've decided to try again! This time without taking as much as the first day I did it, and this time I'm trying it with the medium grind rather than micronized.. From what I understand, you make your whole kava session at once and then drink a cup of it every 45 minutes or so until your done, then that's all you take for the night... This method should make it very easy for me not to overdose again, as I will just not make another session..

Assuming I'm correct, how much Kava do I use per session, and with how much water? I did read the pinned post on the subject, and it says about 50grams of kava with about 2 cups of water for strong kava. But isn't that only two doses? One cup of 25 grams of kava each time? If so I'm hoping to make a little bit more, so Should I just adjust the dose upward from there? Like say 100 grams of Kava with four cups of water? And then I take a cup each time? Sorry I'm new I have a lot of questions and I don't want to mess up like last time again.

Just some information to help you assist me, when I took Kava the first time I got a very strong rushing effect from it, very pleasant... I also chose a heady Kava. This time I have ordered the Kalm With Kava Sample Pack, with Two Strainer Bags... I'm pretty sure I know how to make kava. I believe I can use my blender, mix the Kava in with the water, blend the fuck out of it, then strain it out into a bowl or pitcher and knead the strainer bag to get out all of the kavalactones.. but if this is wrong, please let me know.

Anyway here's hoping my second shot at it works out. And I just ordered it today, so I you have until later this week (or earlier next week) to teach me everything I need to know

Thank you.

MichaelMcKava

Kava Curious
So I watched some videos, and I think I pretty much got the gist of it... Also I ordered the aluball shaker, so yeah...

My only remaining question is: How many doses of kava maximum in a kava session? Because last time I way overblew it

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
So I watched some videos, and I think I pretty much got the gist of it... Also I ordered the aluball shaker, so yeah...

My only remaining question is: How many doses of kava maximum in a kava session? Because last time I way overblew it
There isn’t necessarily a maximum limit. Generally speaking if you consume too much you may feel somewhat nauseated in which you just slow down, it will leave. I generally will drink my shells in 5-20 minute increments, 5 at the beginning until I’m where I want to be than just coast from there. I’d say for most 20 minutes is a good increment of time. As you already stated you shouldn’t have any withdrawal like symptoms. At the very worst you may feel lethargic to some degree the next day which could be a sign you over did it.