What's new

I'm A Dumbass I Drank 2TBS of Nambawan Kava Powder Like An Instant/Micro

DonL

Kava Curious
I just got my order of Nambawan Kava Powder from BHK and for some reason I thought it was an instant/micro when I ordered it. After all when you do a search for "instant" on the BHK website it came up under the sold out 11 year Waka (my preference). Anyway, I put 2 TBS in a mug with milk and chugged in down about 10 minutes ago. It's starting to kick in now and I guess I'm going to pay the price. I can deal with the potential spins (too much Kava) but my digestive system is not the best (IBS) so I'm probably in for a long night uugh! I noticed it being a little choppy when I was drinking it so about half way chugged down I was like wait a minute this is kinda rough for a micro/instant. So I read the bag and realized it was medium grind. Oh what the hell, so I chugged the rest of it as punishment for my stupidity. This may get ugly.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
You'll be fine, I've had way too much sediment before when I was a newbie to making it the traditional way and I just had a stomach and head ache the next day after a disorienting night not even knowing what to expect out of any kind of kava. Maybe even have some peanut butter and try to give a protective coating in their that may make it pass more smoothly (It may also potentiate it but if you can handle a little extra krunk for more belly relief then go for it). Anything that may help mop it up in there can help even if it may get ugly either way.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I just got my order of Nambawan Kava Powder from BHK and for some reason I thought it was an instant/micro when I ordered it. After all when you do a search for "instant" on the BHK website it came up under the sold out 11 year Waka (my preference). Anyway, I put 2 TBS in a mug with milk and chugged in down about 10 minutes ago. It's starting to kick in now and I guess I'm going to pay the price. I can deal with the potential spins (too much Kava) but my digestive system is not the best (IBS) so I'm probably in for a long night uugh! I noticed it being a little choppy when I was drinking it so about half way chugged down I was like wait a minute this is kinda rough for a micro/instant. So I read the bag and realized it was medium grind. Oh what the hell, so I chugged the rest of it as punishment for my stupidity. This may get ugly.
Many people drink it like that. You should be fine. If it were more than 3 tbs you might be worried but like @muddywaters says, you should be fine. Might even have a reasonably good time.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
If you can handle the 11 year, tossing Nambawan shouldn't be much more harsh. It's ground so fine and cleaned better than most other kava products out there. That 2 Tbsp down sounds like a good start to a session to me.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Even if nambawan is one of my fav for the effect, it is difenitly the stronger on my stomac. So for me this one is never on empty stomac at all

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds more like an honest mistake than stupidity. Hope the session turned out okay.