What's new

Best New Zealand Kava Vendors?

Piper

Hi All, I see there are a few New Zealand kava drinkers on here, just wondering what New Zealand vendors people have had experience with and who they can recommend as selling the safest, high quality noble kava? thanks in advance.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi All, I see there are a few New Zealand kava drinkers on here, just wondering what New Zealand vendors people have had experience with and who they can recommend as selling the safest, high quality noble kava? thanks in advance.
Hi Piper,

I am one of the guys behind the Kava Society. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

One of the key reasons why we created our own little shop and why we started importing kava to NZ was the fact that none of the existing NZ kava vendors could satisfy our demand for consistently 100% pure, well processed and noble kava. We are now confident that we drink and sell some of the best kavas on Earth.

Cheers

Henry

Last edited by a moderator:

Piper

Cool, thank you both, Kava Society it is. @Henry just looking at the micronised kava you sell, how many teaspoons would be an average use of an evening? At the moment I've been having 1-2 tablespoons of Kava King's micronised stuff every evening for the last few weeks (but I'm concerned about quality, having also spent the last few weeks reading copious peer reviewed articles via Google Scholar, Pup Med etc......and sorting out the decent research from the shoddy methods research....and wishing there were more good long term cohort studies, but never mind).

Anyway, if I have some idea of how many teaspoons average use is of your micronised kava for an evening, is then I'll have a good idea of how much to order, thanks :)

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Cool, thank you both, Kava Society it is. @Henry just looking at the micronised kava you sell, how many teaspoons would be an average use of an evening? At the moment I've been having 1-2 tablespoons of Kava King's micronised stuff every evening for the last few weeks (but I'm concerned about quality, having also spent the last few weeks reading copious peer reviewed articles via Google Scholar, Pup Med etc......and sorting out the decent research from the shoddy methods research....and wishing there were more good long term cohort studies, but never mind).

Anyway, if I have some idea of how many teaspoons average use is of your micronised kava for an evening, is then I'll have a good idea of how much to order, thanks :)
Everyone is a bit different and it depends what you're trying to achieve. On an empty stomach I get a nice buzz and relaxation from just 3 teaspoon in a mug of water. Two or three times that I get a really strong impact and just am glued to the bed :D
I very much recommend buying from the Society.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor

Piper,

I completely understand and share your desire to only consume top quality kava. We have been studying kava quite extensively and we try to share some of the key scientific findings on our website.

Regarding finding the right amount: @vorticity is right, it really depends on your sensitivity and on the kind of effect you want to get from a particular session. Also, such factors as whether you drink it on an empty stomach or if you drink something hot after your kava consumption will all affect the intensity of your kava experience. I personally consume around 25g of micro per session (empty stomach) and I get rather strong effects. Many of my friends drink just 10-15g per session, but I also know one big guy who consumes at least 35g of micro per session . To be clear, these are the amounts we use for late afternoon/night time drinking. When I drink kava during the day (e.g. when I am very stressed or need to focus) I have just 5-10g of some heady micro or instant kava.

Btw, have you ever tried medium grind kava? The whole preparation process can be quite fun and calming. Also, provided you filter/strain it properly, it can be a bit smoother than micro (albeit not as smooth as instant).

If you would like to try different types (heady, heavy, balanced) and forms (micro, medium grind, instant) of kava send me a private msg or an e-mail and we can create an affordable sample pack for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

What answers were you looking for in the scientific lit?

Kilo sesh

Hello everybody!
Is anyone able to tell me if there are any good kava vendors in New Zealand?
I have ordered a couple times from the kava society and am pleased with the quality of what I received but they only seem to have one or 2 varieties at the moment and I would like to try more varieties.

Thanks.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
In NZ you can easily order direct from Fiji or Vanuatu with minimal postage charge. Kavatime send from Fiji as well as their US base, and Klin Kava's 5 star from Santo is one of the best. You'd have to order a few kgs to make it worth their while though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kilo sesh

Thanks for the reply will definitely order some stuff from kava time. Seems a bit pricey though would you know of any less pricey or is it all about the same?