What's new

What is your fav preload food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
After a year of experimenting, for me it is a no brainer. Banana! Eat it from 15 to 30 prior any kava session (considering the fact of being-ish empty stomac)
I find that mature banana is more efficient.

What is your finding? The stomac disconfort always been an issue for me, whatever the kava used, prepping or the balance of water (including hot tap water, cool, etc).
For sure there is always a difference between brand. Like Squanch Lawena which is the most gentle but still...

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
After a year of experimenting, for me it is a no brainer. Banana! Eat it from 15 to 30 prior any kava session (considering the fact of being-ish empty stomac)

What is your finding? The stomac disconfort always been an issue for me, whatever the kava used, prepping or the balance of water (including hot tap water, cool, etc).
For sure there is always a difference between brand. Like Squanch Lawena which is the most gentle but still...
Nada. I drink coffee in the morning, that's usually my breakfast lately though i've been trying really hard to either have a boiled egg or an avocado. That's my typical routine regardless of the kava. When I drink kava (in the early evenings), I stick to coffee and fast until the first krunk. Before my second wash, I'll eat something quick or have a couple glasses of milk.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast

Are you talking food/banana simply to aid the stomach discomfort, or does it also help to potentiate the kava ?

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
I like to eat a very, very small bit of something fatty right before the kava, but for the most part I will tend to eat a large amount right after, or alongside, my kava.

If I'm gonna be honest about my FAVOURITE thing? A small plate of nachos, made up with some onions, peppers, jalapenos, olives, and whatever else is wonderful. So tasty and enough fat to get the kava rolling.

But that's a more occasional treat. I really like having full-fat Greek yogurt with some fruit right after or before kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.