What's new

If You Had to Describe the feeling of Kava in One Word...

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
What would it be? I know this might be a tall order as kava is many things to many people. As an example, I could use any of "content," "serene," "floaty," or even the one that got closest... "insouciant"!
But I settled on "unperturbed." Insouciant sounds I'm,e I don't care about things, but I do care... I'm just not perturbed and anxious when something unpleasant comes.

What about you guys? Note I am not trying to generalize any strain or the kava experience. Just having some fun (and then I may be krunk for the first time, haha!)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
The only word in my vocabulary that does it justice:
Krunk-a doodle-doo.

No but seriously... Either smooth or serene. But words like serene and mellow don't cover the feeling of euphoric and social kava.i find myself moving faster after those. Maybe... Blissful?

If you want to take the question even more to heart I would go with "teacher" or "medicine"

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What would it be? I know this might be a tall order as kava is many things to many people. As an example, I could use any of "content," "serene," "floaty," or even the one that got closest... "insouciant"!
But I settled on "unperturbed." Insouciant sounds I'm,e I don't care about things, but I do care... I'm just not perturbed and anxious when something unpleasant comes.

What about you guys? Note I am not trying to generalize any strain or the kava experience. Just having some fun (and then I may be krunk for the first time, haha!)
Loved and cared about and cared for by the universe, the complete opposite of feeling alienated from the universe. Basically the same as you, unperturbed.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I can't just pick one word, there are a lot of ones I find fitting and perhaps more I don't know of that I would also call apt.

Off the top of my head, "unruffled" and "collected."

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
I drink it strong, so.....whacked :)
Hah! Last night I took kava the furthest I ever have. Unfortunately, the only way I was able to do so was to have taken some anti-anxiety medication, because I cannot drink more than 4 tbsp. Without starting to get anxiety (the knot in the stomach, find or flight kind).

Last night I 50g (I think like 8-10 tbsp.?) throughout the night, with multiple washes and a boil on the second wash. Oh boy. I did not know kava could make you so physically impaired. But it wasn't like alcohol in the least, I still felt mentally alert, but so carefree, invigorated, wanting to do stuff. But he minute I'd sit down I would be insanely relaxed, and able to fall asleep instantly if I so chose.

I was truly in an altered state of consciousness. I was, as you put it, whacked.

Sucks that I can't get there without another chemical to break through that barrier where I get incredibly anxious. I still do enjoy kava at a few tbsp. though, quite a bit. Mellows everything out.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Infinite.

I consider all possibilities I have, everything is so much easier. Good in stressful times when it's due to something completely uncertain you just have to wait on and do when you get the chance. Always another way if one thing doesn't work out. Don't worry about it, be like water.