What's new

Best Fiji kava

kaba

Kava Curious
Did anyone have kava from Bestfijikava.com lately? I am looking to buy something affordable and in the past their kava was decent

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I haven't had them but as far as affordable and effective I can recommend the current batch of kalm with kava borogu. It's like $49 a lb before shipping so if you buy 2 lbs you can get it for under 55 a lb. Potency is 4/5 on the ol' shell-o-meter and it has a really nice euphoria and moodlift.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Did anyone have kava from Bestfijikava.com lately? I am looking to buy something affordable and in the past their kava was decent
I recently got a shipment @35/lb . It’s fine. Nothing to write home about but fine. Certainly ok for therapeutic purposes, maybe not what you drink straight purely for pleasure. For that I mix it with Kava Tonga from Tikaram’s, also cheap, and that makes a fine blend for therapeutic or pleasure. Their market is islanders in the US, rather than us but they are happy to sell to anyone and treat all customers the same. I’ve bought many lbs from them over the last two years. (A pound lasts us about 5 days, we enjoy a lot of kava)

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I recently got a shipment @35/lb . It’s fine. Nothing to write home about but fine. Certainly ok for therapeutic purposes, maybe not what you drink straight purely for pleasure. For that I mix it with Kava Tonga from Tikaram’s, also cheap, and that makes a fine blend for therapeutic or pleasure. Their market is islanders in the US, rather than us but they are happy to sell to anyone and treat all customers the same. I’ve bought many lbs from them over the last two years. (A pound lasts us about 5 days, we enjoy a lot of kava)
I just saw the reviews for Kava Tonga on Amazon -- seems to be lacking in quality lately? Have you noticed that at all? I've never tried them, but I thought about buying a few packs from their site. Reviews leave me wondering if it's a good idea though...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I just saw the reviews for Kava Tonga on Amazon -- seems to be lacking in quality lately? Have you noticed that at all? I've never tried them, but I thought about buying a few packs from their site. Reviews leave me wondering if it's a good idea though...
Quite the contrary, to be honest, I find to my surprise each batch is as good or better than the previous through 5 iterations. I almost always blend it, usually with some kind of Fijian waka. But it’s good enough now I drink it straight, which I didn’t used to do.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
I have been doing the Krunkie Mix of 50/50 Best Fiji waka and Tikaram Tonga. Good effects for back pain relief and relaxing but as stated not super strong. Also the Best Fiji I think is fire dried perhaps? It has a strong smoky smell and flavor. Not my fav flavor for sure! I bought the cheaper Best Fiji Waka (the other is not much more, just thought I'd start cheap) I actually like the Tongan solo too.