What's new

Kava and Massages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamfour

Kava Curious
Chugged 4 tsp of BKH instant green in Gatorade and went for a 1.5 hour deep tissue massage. It was like heaven. This is the start of a new routine. :)

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Strange question, but has anyone has good results on using kava on their dog? My dog has arthritis (she is getting old) and wondering if a little kava here or there would work?

violet

Do all things with love
I recommend against giving it to your dog. Cats, dogs, and other furkids have limited abilities to metabolize a lot of stuff that we take as being "safe." Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is highly toxic to cats, dogs, and other animals.

I and others I know have had a bit of success feeding our aging critters powdered gelatin.
http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-U...r_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1385132323&sr=1-1
My cats run, jump, and climb far more now than they were doing pre-gelatin. Actually, they had quit jumping mostly before I introduced the gelatin to their food. Everyone that has seen them is shocked to find out they are 16 years old. Gelatin is effective for pooches and humans too.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Did not know about the powdered gelatin...will have to check that out. Thanks!

Bert07

Me like da kava
Steve, unless you want a house full of loose doggie stools, I'd most definitely stay away. If Kava has the potential to give even us humans bad digestive problems, then God only knows what it will do to our furry friends. :eek:

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
My cats run, jump, and climb far more now than they were doing pre-gelatin. Actually, they had quit jumping mostly before I introduced the gelatin to their food. Everyone that has seen them is shocked to find out they are 16 years old. Gelatin is effective for pooches and humans too.
Yeah, thanks for the tip! Now the trick is getting it into my aging diva of a cat. How much do you give your cats at a time?

violet

Do all things with love
@Dan Probably between 1/2 - 1 tsp mixed into a full can (5.5 oz) of food. They eat a total of two cans a day between the two of them (no dry food). I also add water to their canned food. They didn't care for the gelatin at first, so I just kept adding it in tiny amounts over time. They don't seem to mind it now. If your kitty is on canned/wet food it should be easy. She might even like it... even so, introduce it slowly because it has detox effects too. I would use bovine gelatin and not porcine, I gave mine porcine once (ordered accidentally) and they both got crazy digestive upsets from it, I don't think kitties tolerate pork very well.

Last edited:
D

Deactivated Account

Did not know about the powdered gelatin...will have to check that out. Thanks!
I would also not use kava for pets. As mentioned they metabolise things very differently to humans.

I use glucosamine & chondroitin & I've read lots about it for pets. It's marketed for them & researched well.

Very natural & works well on me...not all humans get results they say, maybe 50%.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
sorry Teamfour...i was a little left field on the dog stuff. Probably a little too relaxed when I wrote that :) Although I have to say it is great to see some pet lovers here...

Status
Not open for further replies.