What's new

Has anyone had 5-star in 2019

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I've never tried the 5 star but there vanuatu is usually strong and pleasant as well as cheap. I figure if i bought a lb of each the price would even out to be about what 2 lbs of ghk or kalm costs. Anyone tried that 5star recently?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I've never tried the 5 star but there vanuatu is usually strong and pleasant as well as cheap. I figure if i bought a lb of each the price would even out to be about what 2 lbs of ghk or kalm costs. Anyone tried that 5star recently?
Just finished a lb that was bought ~4-5 weeks ago. This was the first time I have tried the 5 star (mostly due to the price) directly from Kava Kauai. I found it to be a nice and strong vanuatu, and very similar to other top-notch vanuatus in smell, taste, grind, color, and effects ;)...so it was good but the price is just a bit higher than few other vanuatus on the market. Of course YMMV.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I had some, if it wasn't so much money, I'd probably buy it almost 100% of the time. It's somewhat like fresh kava, in that it's more pleasant and effective than most, yet it also has reduced side-effects. It's balanced, leaning heady...but it really vibrates enough on all frequency's that it's satisfying for all aspects of a kava buzz.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
Is it Kava balanced? or typically sedative. I do not like stimulation in Kava. Does she stimulate clearly ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Is it Kava balanced? or typically sedative. I do not like stimulation in Kava. Does she stimulate clearly ?
it can vary from batch to batch, a few months ago it was fairly balanced and I loved it. but lately it's been distinctly more heady...so, for you, that might equate to being too stimulating.