What's new

Does kava cause bloating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I've been trying to lose weight for awhile to get in better shape for running and other sports. I eat large meals early in the day and eat maybe 5-10% of my 'energy' at night with my kava after my run, a very small meal. Eggs and a piece of bread, or eggs and a muffin, etc. I'm waking up as bloated as I was in the afternoon. It doesn't make sense. I used to drop one inch over night. I'm trying to get into a weight class for men's track and cross country this fall.

I can't really think of what else would be causing me to gain weight, or not lose weight. I drink a lot of kava at night. I usually go to bed on the hungry side. I drink around four 32-25 oz bowls and I make it really potent to where its like drinking a very murky puddle. I imagined that once it passes through the bloat should be gone. I guess one option is to cut back but I love my tea. ITs the only thing powerful enough to suppress my night time munchies

MsArk

I've been trying to lose weight for awhile to get in better shape for running and other sports. I eat large meals early in the day and eat maybe 5-10% of my 'energy' at night with my kava after my run, a very small meal. Eggs and a piece of bread, or eggs and a muffin, etc. I'm waking up as bloated as I was in the afternoon. It doesn't make sense. I used to drop one inch over night. I'm trying to get into a weight class for men's track and cross country this fall.

I can't really think of what else would be causing me to gain weight, or not lose weight. I drink a lot of kava at night. I usually go to bed on the hungry side. I drink around four 32-25 oz bowls and I make it really potent to where its like drinking a very murky puddle. I imagined that once it passes through the bloat should be gone. I guess one option is to cut back but I love my tea. ITs the only thing powerful enough to suppress my night time munchies
I was actually getting ready to post about the same thing. Kava does cause bloat for me, which is pretty uncomfortable. I also try to drink a lot of water during the day to offset but so far even that doesn’t seem to help. I’ve been drinking kava regularly since December, going through a pound every two weeks. Maybe that is too much? I’ve noticed my legs seem to be drier than usual but no fermi. How long/much for you if you don’t mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.