What's new

New Kava Supreme?

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
I purchased a new 1/2 pound bag of Kava Supreme the other day off of Amazon, as it's my favorite Kava that I ALWAYS run out of... I swear the stuff disappears into thin air.
Anyways, has there been a new batch made recently? This stuff tastes very very different than the usual Kava Supreme. Much much more piney, almost comparable to KWK's Melo Melo but.. sweeter?
Can't comment on whether or not the effects differ yet. Just got into it.
Edit: Most definitely the strangest tasting Kava i've had. Not a bad taste, but so different than most other Kava's i've had, and not at all like the old Supreme.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I hadn't had Supreme in a while but I bought a couple of bags last week. It does have a different taste. The effects were still heavy and fairly potent like I expected.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
I noticed that, its been different since a month ago at least. It doesnt pack the supreme punch for me anymore, much weaker in my opinion.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I bought some recently too, it definitely tastes different than it used to. A very distinct aftertaste, I describe it as chlorinated tap-water, not a perfect description since different cities have different tasting water, but it's the closest thing I can relate it to. I've only had this flavor one other time, and that was in a batch of BKH Melo Melo last month. They are are likely the same or at least partially the same root. I like the effects.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I purchased a new 1/2 pound bag of Kava Supreme the other day off of Amazon, as it's my favorite Kava that I ALWAYS run out of... I swear the stuff disappears into thin air.
Anyways, has there been a new batch made recently? This stuff tastes very very different than the usual Kava Supreme. Much much more piney, almost comparable to KWK's Melo Melo but.. sweeter?
Can't comment on whether or not the effects differ yet. Just got into it.
Edit: Most definitely the strangest tasting Kava i've had. Not a bad taste, but so different than most other Kava's i've had, and not at all like the old Supreme.
I just recently grabbed a lb off of amazon prime because I was an idiot and waited too long to order some more of my usual go to kavas. It has been at least a year since I have had supreme and I agree it is different. Effects were still strong and heavy. A bit more "drying" then my usual kavas as after 3 days of use I can feel the dermo slowly creeping back. Overall still really good root, but definitely different.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Supreme has always been in the "more drying" category for me. I just deal with it since it's also never been in the "weak kava" category. This batch seems to be less sedating than some of the previous ones but I find it to be pleasant and still better than average potency.