What's new

Just starting out

Shey

Great to find the forum. I’m from Uk. Like what I’m finding out. Can anyone recommend a good supplier in UK. I need a fast delivery. Thank you. Catch up soon.

Shey

Thank you, guys. I'm just getting ready to try my first kava. Will post up results. Feeling a little concerned as my blender broke, so using my plastic shaker and ball. Any thoughts if I should strain it or not? as it is instant powder. I'm guessing I just let it sit for 10 minutes. two table spoons to filtered water and coconut milk.

Shey

Had my kava two hours ago. I got a very slight tingle, very subtle calming. Something was happening. I had two tablespoons with a standard glass of water and coconut milk. I did shake it for a long time and left it to sit for 15. I would like to know if I needed to shake it ? it is instant. It did not taste to bad at all with the milk. Can I mix this instant into other cold drinks? My eyes are crossing over now as I have been hooked to the screen learning about the amazing Kava.
Big thank you to all the help out there. Much appreciated.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
If it's instant, you shouldn't need a blender, ball, or a strainer. Instant should dissolve when mixed thoroughly. If you have a shaker bottle, just shake it up with water or whatever beverage is to your taste.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
All you do with instant kava is mix with a spoon and chug.

A strainer bag is required for medium grind kava, however. Unlike a tea or tisane, the good stuff in kava doesn't diffuse into water much without further action. You must knead the root for at least 5 minutes with your hands. Warm water helps with keeping your hands comfortably warm while kneading.

Medium grind kava is more cost-effective than instant and there's no shortage of kava prep guides if you need them. Instant kava is convenient and very portable. I personally use both!

Shey

All you do with instant kava is mix with a spoon and chug.

A strainer bag is required for medium grind kava, however. Unlike a tea or tisane, the good stuff in kava doesn't diffuse into water much without further action. You must knead the root for at least 5 minutes with your hands. Warm water helps with keeping your hands comfortably warm while kneading.

Medium grind kava is more cost-effective than instant and there's no shortage of kava prep guides if you need them. Instant kava is convenient and very portable. I personally use both!
Thanks Fait. I will do just that. Yes plenty info on plan B. I’m just grateful I got what I got for now. Maybe I go for 3tbs tonight and see what happens. Would you recommend warm water and coconut milk, or just cold filtered n coconut.