What's new

Drinking kava constantly. Any health issues?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey Guys and girls.

Ive been drinking kava for about a decade now and some years off in there as well. The last couple years however have been almost constant. The aluball of course made this much easier and having a partner who doesnt mind shaking it up constantly helps, or doesnt.

Kava helps me usually with calm energy and I havent found much that knocks me back but, usually when Im starting to fade in my work, kava helps me keep going. I used to be an alcoholic but quite completely a couple years ago. I still have beers in the house frmo then and have zero temptaion to drink. I just gave a nice one to a craftsman who did some work for us yesterday as part of a tip.

Recently Ive started leaning on it a little hard. I tend to be easily addicted to things so its not kavas fault and its mild in its actions but, like anything you overdo, you can have sides if youre drinking 10 shakers a day. I have really good diet and hydration but, have begun to feel groggy and dry. No skin problems or anything like that. Perhaps I just need a break too. Hard when youre using it for performance enhancing duties. I drink it toward the end of my workout, I drink it when I work, I drink it when Im getting tattooed, and just when Im feeling stressed which is usually atm.

Anybody have any weird side effects and did they go away after taking a break. I should take a break but, I dont really feel like I can at the moment. Crazy business changes, selling properties, new home with many needs. Did I mention the state of the world? And im pretty big empathetoc person. Im not weak by any means but, the vail was lifted 20+ years ago so i dont just watch the world benignly. Both a weakness and a strength.

I was just going to have some kava while i was finishing my workout, pruning my garden, cleaning up construction mess, and doing about 15 more things at once. Ive been working hard to get out of the way we humans live and Im really close but it seems to be the hardest time when Im cashing in on a decade of front loading pretty much everything.

I never contribute much to forums, I stay a novice and get what I need but, do appreciate those who do.

Bula
drink it with ice? I find 3 ice cubes in every shell and I don't get those problems

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
Congrats to shaking the booze habit, it can be difficult I'v seen friends and family members down that road. Personally, I'm on a break now actually due to some digestive issues I'm having (unrelated to kava effects, I just didn't want to exacerbate anything). I was drinking 2-3 alu balls a day so not much like you but still regular for about 8 months. I did get some dry spots on my skin that cleared up almost immediately when I stopped. I plan to go back to my kava sessions here in about a month once everything heals.